#ㅤㅤ⁰¹. omnia iam fient quae posse negabam.

Start bij het begin

ㅤㅤㅤ"Did you hear?" Sol put a hand behind her ear to hear better━ she wasn't one to enjoy gossiping, but the humans were always doing something interesting and she couldn't help but feel excited about anything that happened inside Camelot. "The trolls that were in the king's chambers escaped!"

ㅤㅤㅤ"What?! Who let that happen?" another voice whispered back to the first one, albeit a bit loud, even while whispering.

ㅤㅤㅤ"We all think it was Morgana," the king's sister, as Solaomoni heard before. "But we don't know yet."

ㅤㅤㅤ"I don't doubt it," the other one snorted in mockery. "That witch is a monster lover."

ㅤㅤㅤIt was a shame, Sol thought, that the humans were so discriminatory toward trolls. She had never met one, but in the first Eriynxinian war ━in a time where Eriynx wasn't even called Eriynx yet, but Drupyn instead━ they refused to fight by Gunmar's side━ the enemy's side.

ㅤㅤㅤAnd, for that only, she held some respect for their kind, but she knew they feared hers simply because of how the fairies won the first and second war against the Gumm-Gumm king.

ㅤㅤㅤ"I heard that the king is out in search of them, he plans to kill them all." Sol's heart dropped. She knew the trolls resided in Dwoza, beyond the Wild Wood, but her own home wasn't so far from there, and that meant that her whole family was in danger.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Finally, we'll be at peace! No more danger outside." the other person sighed, and Solaomoni took that as a sign she should leave, because as much as she appreciated the humans' culture and talks, she wasn't welcome there. That was enough to make her more than upset, it was a shame that she would never get to truly meet a human without being in danger.

ㅤㅤㅤFor a moment, Sol wondered if peace would've been possible if there wasn't fear on any of the sides of the war.

ㅤㅤㅤShe jumped to a tree behind her and didn't stop jumping until the sound of footsteps and screams were starting to get close. Sol froze, she stopped right there and hid behind the tree's trunk as she sat on one of its branches, covering her mouth with both hands to hide her rushed breath to not get caught.

ㅤㅤㅤThe fairy could hear her heart in her ears and almost felt it jumping out of her chest, her ears started ringing and she shivered at how cold it suddenly was. Sol gulped as a creature ran near the tree she was hiding in and looked back to see if they managed to lose them, catching Sol's gaze accidentally ━she should've known it would happen, her eyes weren't exactly made to be furtive, being almost as bright as the sun and so round that she always looked wide-eyed━ and staring at her for a long minute, almost as if stuck in a trance. Their magenta-colored eyes were equally as hypnotizing, Sol couldn't look away.

ㅤㅤㅤThe troll's eyes lowered to her poorly hidden wings and widened, finally realizing what she was.

ㅤㅤㅤ"There it is!" a voice called, making the troll turn to it and stumble back, not hesitating as they ran in the opposite direction as the humans.

ㅤㅤㅤThere were so many knights following the one who shouted that surely they would catch the troll in less than a minute. Sol couldn't let them die like that, she just couldn't.

ㅤㅤㅤ☀︎︎

ㅤㅤㅤAnd, instead of watching it happen, she raised her left wing and let the light of the sun reflect through it directly into one of the humans' eyes.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Ah!" he dropped his sword to cover his eyes with his palms, Sol hid again as the other knights finally reached the blonde human.

ㅤㅤㅤ"Sir Lancelot! What bothers you?" a young voice called, running to 'Sir Lancelot''s side as he quietly sobbed. The knight gestures to somewhere near the trees, not sure where the attack came from.