27. Another Date

A/N Just a warning that it may get a little smutty towards the end of the chapter.

Seb took in a deep breath as he saw Emily emerge from the elevator. She looked absolutely amazing in a dusty pink dress. Her hair was half loose and half french braided.

He rose from the chair he had been sitting on

He rose from the chair he had been sitting on. She approached him, smiling shyly. She stopped in front of him.

"You look amazing," he told her. She blushed a little.

"You look great yourself."

Seb was wearing smart trousers and a short-sleeved burgundy shirt. He wanted to forget the date and take her back to his bed, but he held out his arm.

"Shall we?" She linked her arm through his and they headed outside to where his car was waiting. The valet handed the keys over. Seb opened the passenger door and Emily got into the black Aston Martin Vantage. After slipping behind the wheel Seb started the car and pulled away from the kerb.

"Where are we going?" Emily asked.

"You'll have to wait and see," he teased.

They drove on in silence. Emily thought back to their text conversation Sunday night. They hadn't see each other since then, and she was unsure whether she should mention it or forget that it had ever happened.

As if reading her mind Seb said, "You really got me going the other night you little minx."

"I can't help it if your brains are in your trousers," she retaliated. He laughed.

"Only where you're concerned. No, be honest with me. Were you just winding me up or were you feeling horny too?"

"I guess that's something you will never know," she answered, turning her head to look out the window.

The journey carried on in silence. There was an awkward tension between them. They had crossed a line with the texting and neither knew what to say next.

Ten minutes later Seb pulled into a small car park. He jumped out and dashed round to open the door for Emily. He held a hand out to help her out of the car. She hesitated briefly, before taking it.

As soon as she was standing she let go of his hand. The skin to skin contact with him was doing funny things to her. She needed to keep a clear head and she couldn't do that when she was touching him.

They walked side by side across the car park until the reached the old fashioned cottage on the far side. Seb held the door open and allowed Emily to enter before he did.

The manager approached them. He smiled at Seb, and then at Emily. It was then that Emily realised the place was empty, apart from the staff and themselves.

"Herr Vettel, welcome. And welcome to your lovely companion too. If you'd like to follow me."

He led them through the main dining room and into a built on conservatory. One side was a floor to ceiling window looking out onto a meadow with a river snaking through it.