The sickening truth

Silence. Cold, blackened, silence. Not the kind you first wake up to in early summer. Cuddled up in bed, the first rays of the sun drifting through the curtains. The type of silence he finally experienced with Levi.

Levi.

Erens eyes started to slowly open, his head throbbing terribly. At first it seemed like it was nothing but darkness but slowly his eyes began to adjust. There was a dirty window over head, and a steal door on the other side of the room. Said room was nothing but gray dirty concrete walls. He glanced down at himself taking in his condition.

His legs, that weren't covered by his shorts, were all bloodied and scraped up. His arms were bound to the wall behind his back in chains and connected to the wall. Levi's green hoodie barely proving warmth for him. He felt tears forming in his eyes again as the pain settled into his sore muscles and joints.

" Please love, don't cry" came a soft voice from next to the brunette.

Erens head snapped up in fear, his eyes settling on a female restrained to the wall just as he was. She wore a dirtied blue nursing uniform. Blood fell from the sides of her cracked lips and down her chin. Her long chocolate locks were caked in blood and dirt. Her brown eyes held unshed tears of her own.

" Mother?! What's going on?!" The teen cried out. He started pulling against his restraints trying to get closer to his mother.

" Eren, stop fighting against your restraints. You'll only hurt yourself more." She scolded.

" I don't understand! What happened, who did this to us?" Eren cried out tears freely falling. His body finally gave in and fell against the wall behind him. Carlas eyes descended as her own tears fell.

" I'm so sorry sweet heart. This is all our fault we thought hiding you away would protect you." She whispered, but Eren heard everything clearly.

" Hide what mother? What's going on?" He asked quietly. His eyes pleading with her to tell him. Carla looked up at her son then back down in shame.

" I guess there's no getting around it dear." She sighed and leaned against the wall as well.

" The person who brought us here is named Dhalis Zachary. He used to be one of the benefactors of Grishas. Dhalis funded the research that Grisha was doing on artificial fetuses. When I first heard Grisha talk about it I was excited. It would help so many people who couldn't have kids. It started out as just some test tube experiments, that all eventually failed. Honestly, I don't think Dhalis thought it would go far." She paused, it was as if her eyes were seeing the past right in front of her.

" What did father do? What could have happened for this man to come after us?" Eren asked not even looking to his mother. Carla laughed dryly at her sons questions.

" Grisha..... Grisha is not your father Eren." She said coldly. " And I'm glad he's not. I'd never want that sick man to be your father."

Erens eyes widened as he looked to his mother in shock. More tears fell from Carlas brown eyes. She locked eyes with the brunette briefly before looking back to the ground.

" I was only Grishas assistant during the beginning of the trials. One day he came in with flowers and a dinner arrangement, and from there it formed into a relationship. I eventually met his son Zeke, the son he had with his late wife Dina. It seemed perfect we were all so happy." She said with a small smile.

" Well I wanted a child too, and Grisha agreed. Little did I know this was all a set up. Grish wanted to test out the artificial womb he had created. But Dhalis wouldn't ok it, none of the benefactors would. Because he needed human test subjects, to use their eggs and semen. He figured if it was his wife and son then they couldn't do anything about it. So one day he put Zeke and I to sleep and extracted my eggs and Zekes sperm." Her voice started shaking and more tears formed.