Chapter 19: King Explosion Murder

Start from the beginning

"By interning with pros at their agencies, they're essentially investing in your potential for the future so having good offers is important."

"Here is the list of offers granted based off of performance in the festival." He states, turning our attention toward the board behind him. "Regardless of how many offers you may or may not have gotten, everyone will be interning and for that reason you all need code names."

"For this part I'll be having someone else to step in to assist in helping you all brainstorm and verify your names. It really isn't really my forté." He finally finishes, stepping into his sleeping bag before lightly dozing off to sleep.

Not too long after he says this, Auntie Nem comes into the classroom. I guess she's the extra help he has coming in to approve our names.

A few people come up to the front of the room to announce their names. Some are ridiculous of course like Katsuki's and Aoyama's and some are actually kind of cute and makes sense like Tsuyu's choice of the name Froppy and Ochaco's choice of Uravity.

I'd say the one that took me by surprise the most was Izuku's. I'm proud of him for taking that nickname and making into something better for himself.

It took me a minute but I finally decided on mine and wrote it down. I get up to go to the front of the room as soon as Izuku takes his seat. Just as I do, I see dad shift in his sleeping bag and open one eye sleepily making me smile.

"Okay, it took me a while to decide if I wanted to change mine or not since I technically already had one. But since the attack at the USJ, I felt that it would be fitting to change it. So I've decided to go from The Stealth Hero: Nightshade to The Feline Hero: Bast."

"Oh! That's so cool!" Kaminari exclaims.

"Beautiful!" Auntie Nem smiles, embracing me in a hug. "You chose that after the Egyptian cat goddess right?" She asks.

"Yep, heh." I breath out nervously, rubbing the back of my neck. "I thought it'd be nice since I'm pretty much at cat myself so..."

"Very much indeed. Embracing your feline side even more I see. Wear that name with pride my dear!" She smiles, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I will." I smile before walking back to my seat, seeing a smile of satisfaction cross my father's face.

A few more names are announced and critiqued before the bell rings signaling the end of class. Dad tells us to evaluate and go through our offers to decide who we want to intern with before the end of the day before exiting the room to finish up his nap in the teacher's lounge, sliding the door closed behind him.

"Who are you thinking about interning with Tsuki?" Kyoka asks, unintentionally drawing attention toward our conversation.

"Yeah!" Hagakure chimes in. "You have so many offers since you won first place in the sports festival. You can pretty much intern with whoever you want!"

"I know. It's really a lot to think about. In a way, it's kind of overwhelming though too." I sigh, scratching my head in thought.

"Was there anyone in particular you had in mind?" Kirishima asks.

"Well...originally I wanted to intern with Miruko, but it doesn't look like she's taking on any interns at the moment. I figured she would've been the perfect person to intern with considering the similarities we both share in terms of mutations from our quirks. I mostly wanted to see how she trained and see if I could adapt anything from it for myself."

"That sounds pretty reasonable." Izuku says in thought.

"Right. But obviously that plan is out the window now." I state, twirling the end of my tail in frustration.