Chapter 5: Meeting Everybody

Start from the beginning

I looked at Harry once he let go. He clenched his jaw and blinked a few times. He bit the corner of his lip. I didn't know what was going on. I looked at Lume and her eyes seemed to widen a little. She looked at me with that smile on her face.

"Well, I think that we should be going. I will see you later today---all right?" asked she.

I nodded before she grabbed Harry by the wrist and walked away with him. I shrugged. I entered the school building and went straight to Physical Science. Once I was inside, our teacher, Mister Dallas spoke to me.

"Zayn Malik, how ya doin' there?" he asked. He had an Southern accent and not to mention that he was from Dallas, Texas. Funny. I tried not to laugh at his accent due to the fact that part of the time, you never understood what this man was saying.

"I'm fine Mister Dallas, sir" I replied.

"Now, do y'urself a favor and take a seat. Th' class will be startin' soon" he informed. I nodded and looked for a seat.

I found one, but I froze when I saw Liam sitting near the empty spot. I bit down the corner of my lip before dragging myself towards him. Once I was in his presence his orbs met me. He curls a warming, greeting grin.

"Hi" he spoke. His voice was a little deep but slightly regular. It fit him very well, his voice.

I bit down on my lip. "Hi" I peeped out. He grinned. I bit down the corner of my lip. It surprised me that he wasn't taken. He is such a pretty boy.

I asked him if I could sit next to him and he nodded. I sat by him on the stool and looked at his eyes. They were so brown that you would want to snatch them out of them and have them as your own. I looked down  and slightly straight.

"My name is Liam" he said to me, holding out his hand. I felt my cheeks grow red as I shook it. "Liam---Payne. And you?" Once we released he clenched his jaw.

"Zayn. Zayn Malik" I managed to say. I didn't know why every time I touched someone, their attitudes would change. Harry, Louis, now Liam. Thank god not Lume. Sigh.

"You just moved here?" asked Liam. I nodded. "Where you from?"

"Arizona."

"Really? I should've guessed, you look like the city-folk-type. Despite being slightly tan."

"Ha-ha, speak for yourself."

At that moment, Liam chuckled. His laugh was rather cute although he didn't laugh so loud---just a slight little chuckle. Mister Dallas started class and had us look at different textures of leaves, soil, and animal. We used a magnifying glass to verify the different cells in each item. After that Mister Dallas dismissed us. I went to go to the door when Liam grabbed my wrist and my cheeks burned. He quickly removed his hand from my wrist and spoke.

"It is was---nice, meeting you...Zayn" he almost stuttered out. If he didn't like meeting me or sitting next to me, then why didn't he remove himself or ask if I could leave?

He then showed a grin and I couldn't help but to curl my lips into a smile---slightly. "Nice meeting you too. I guess I will see you at the get-together later" I said. His grin then vanished into a face of confusion.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Lume said that I could come---she invited me. She promised to pick me up."

Liam then smiled once more. "Right! I remember her telling me that----I think I will go find her now" he said before walking away into the hall. I went to go find him, but he was nowhere in sight. He sure is a fast walker I assume.