Niall covered his ears with his hands not wanting to hear what Louis had to say. He knew this would annoy Louis but then that was just a bonus in his opinion.

Louis was sick of this, he walked over to the cot and made to life Niall out only to have the boy shove him away, “Niall…”

“No!” Niall screamed, sitting up, “Leave me alone!”

“What’s going on in here?” Harry asked having heard the screaming and coming to investigate.

“Get out!” Niall was completely pissed off, he was sick of these two.

“Ni, what’s going on with you?” Harry asked showing concern.

“Why the hell do you care?” Niall grit out.

“What?” Louis asked confused, “Why wouldn’t we care?”

“You never did before” Niall countered, “Why would you start now?” Because that’s the thing that had really been bugging him, why did they suddenly care? He knew it wasn’t by choice. Liam and Zayn had been by choice, the two of them had been the ones to take care of him since that first morning on the bus, the two of them hadn’t run off to go sight seeing and left him being. Niall had finally forgiven them all for the month and a half of ignoring him at the beginning when things were extremely hectic. The thing is that Louis and Harry had continued to ignore him even after things had calmed down.

Liam and Zayn had taken care of him once things had relaxed; Louis and Harry had gone out sightseeing without giving Niall a single thought. Niall wasn’t important to them so why should they care now?

“We’ve always cared…” Harry started.

“No” Niall cut him off. He was frustrated, and tired and he didn’t like this, “I want my Mum and Dad,” he cried suddenly.

Everyone froze then; no one had expected that to come out of Niall’s mouth. Harry and Louis didn’t know what to say. They tried to calm Niall down but the boy would just start crying harder whenever they came near him. They were trying to call Liam and Zayn when the two boys came barreling into the room.

“Oh baby” Zayn cooed as he grabbed Niall up and held him close as he swayed back and forth.

“What happened?” Liam growled at the other two as he dragged them out of the room.

“I came in to check on Niall and saw that he was awake, I asked him what was wrong but he wouldn’t answer, I went to pick him up and he started yelling” Louis started to explain.

Harry picked up there, “I came in to see what was going on and Niall lost it, started screaming at us asking us why we cared since we didn’t before” Harry lost it there he was crying so hard.

“We do care though, we’ve always cared. Why does he thing we don’t care?” Louis asked crying as well.

Liam sighed, he honestly didn’t know what was going through Niall’s mind or why he had forgiven he and Zayn but still held a grudge against Louis and Harry. “I don’t really know”

“Well it sucks” Harry stated.

“And on top of that he’s calling you and Zayn Mum and Dad while Harry and I are still getting the cold shoulder” Louis added.

“Wait what?” Liam asked jerking his head up.

“He’s still giving us the cold shoulder’ Louis repeated.

“No” Liam grit, he understood their frustration he really did but that was not what he had meant, “The other part”

“Other…” Harry was confused, “Oh. He’s calling you and Zayn Mum and Dad, don’t know which is which though”

Liam couldn’t help the smile that broke out on his face; Niall had called him Dad! Or possibly Mum but still, he had a name! Ignoring Harry and Louis and went straight towards his baby boy. “Hey there”

Niall looked over Zayn’s shoulder at Liam. He hadn’t expected to yell out for them the way he had. Honestly Niall had meant to say that he wanted Zayn and Liam but instead he’d yelled he wanted his Mum and Dad. That had been a mistake but it wasn’t one that he could take back and judging by Liam’s expression he already knew.

“Are we calm now?” Zayn asked as he pulled Niall away slightly to look at the tear stained face.

Niall nodded his head in assent still a bit uncertain.

“Want to tell us why you couldn’t sleep?” Liam asked as he started rubbing circles on Niall’s back. He could tell the moment Niall saw him that he was nervous about what he’d said so Liam decided to just let it be and they could discuss it later.

Niall lowered his head a bit, “Too quiet” he said.

“Too quiet?” Zayn asked a bit confused.

“Can you be a little more specific?” Liam asked.

Niall sighed, “No music”

“Oh” Both Zayn and Liam said finally getting it.

“Well I think we can fix that” Liam said happily as he pulled out his i-pod and a small speaker, it would do in a pinch. At least he’d had the foresight to load a few children’s CD’s and lullabies on it. Hitting play he gave Niall one last kiss as Zayn tucked him into his cot.

“Sleep well baby” Zayn said as they left the room.

Niall sighed in contentment as he finally got to take his nap.

“So what happened?” Zayn asked as soon as the door was shut.

“Niall called us Mum and Dad” Liam answered smiling.