Realizing the Mistake

Liam sighed and turned to Zayn. “I don’t know.”

The two sat and discussed the events of the morning and what their concerns were both trying to find a way to blame the other rather than look at themselves as the possible cause for Niall’s mood change.

Eventually they realized that neither one of them had been taking proper care of Niall. Neither one of them could remember the last time they’d bathed the boy or fed him a bottle or put him to bed. They could remember occasionally changing his nappy but otherwise that was it. Both felt absolutely horrible and just to check they also called Harry and Louis to see if either of them had been taking care of Niall. They hadn’t.

To say that the four boys felt horrible would be a drastic understatement. They had forced Niall into age play and yet they had completely ignored their baby, left the poor lad to suffer.

All the boys knew that Niall had suffered throughout his childhood. Up until the age of ten he was abused by his mother and ignored by his father and older brother. Once Niall and his brother went to live with their father full time Niall had been moved into the backyard shed and left to fend for himself. By the time Niall came on the x-factor he had been completely disowned by his entire family and had nowhere else to go. If the x-factor hadn’t worked out for him he would have been living on the streets.

One of the reasons the boys had wanted to do age play with Niall was because they thought the boy deserved a proper childhood and then they went and repeated the same mistakes that his father had. They’d screwed up – badly.

Harry and Louis came back later that day loaded down with gifts for Niall. They had felt bad so they overdid it a bit.

“What all did you get?” Liam asked as the two came in loaded down with bags.

“Uh…” Harry paused to think it through while Louis started unloading. “We got a case of rash cream – I figured we could keep nappies and cream everywhere so that Niall can be changed immediately. Don’t want his rash getting any worse. Also we got him some dummies thinking he might like it and a teddy. We got him some Legos and some wood trains. Also we got every single Disney movie we could find since we left all ours at home. Also we got him a blanket and a few other stuffed toys and some blocks and some soft balls to play with and …”

“Over do it a bit?” Zayn teased.

“We’ve ignored him for over a month!” Harry exclaimed.

“Yeah” Liam sighed.

All the boys fell silent here, they knew that they had screwed up and they couldn’t change the past only try to fix things now. They needed to let Niall know that he was loved and wanted.