Chapter 16 - Nah, This Is More Comfortable

NOBODY'S POV:

The door busted open and in came lauren and maddie ranting about the car.

"Mom! You need to take a drive in my car it's so fucking amazing!" Maddie squealed when she saw her mom in the kitchen making some lunch for all of them. Austin and shawn helped her cut and cook but dinah sat in one of the stools across from them watching and snatching pieces of food when she could.

Camila gave a soft sad smile remembering what she needed to tell them both "I bet baby. Why don't you and shawn go to the grocery store really quick and get me some more bacon?" Camila said leaning on the counter.

Lauren frowned sensing Camila's mood change since she left with maddie. "Here..." lauren pulled out a twenty handing it to shawn who passed by her taking maddie and austin with her. "Get me a chocolate bar?"

"Got it, bow-tie. Dinah you coming?"

"I'll uhm...sure" dinah said seeing camila giving her a pleading look for her to go with them. "Wanna drive the new car shawn?"

"Oh hell yes..." the voices soon faded and then it was just camila and lauren looking at each other as they stood in the kitchen area.

"Camz... what's wrong?" Lauren asked not moving from her spot.

Camila on the other hand, she dusted her hands of before walking over to lauren not breaking eye contact "Lo..."

"Is everything okay? Camz please tell me already I can't keep feeling like this, you making me worry" lauren took her hands into her own "is it about us? About me buy you those cars-"

"No, no...lauren it's not that" camila sighed dropping Lauren's hands. "I uhm... I booked us tickets to miami a while back. And we leave tomorrow..." camila said softly avoiding her favorite green eyes.

Lauren let out a breath and then a small giggle "that's it? Camz you scared me so bad. I though you were breaking up with me... on Christmas for crying out loud" lauren put her hands on Camila's waist and pulled her closer to her.

"Your not mad? We'll be gone for two weeks." Camila brought her hands up closer to her chest and fiddled with her fingers nervously.

"Not really... but why didn't you tell me earlier. It's really not a big deal that you'll be gone two weeks. We can still face time and call and even text, baby." Lauren chuckled looking at Camila's face. Her mouth formed a small 'I'm shape.

"I just... it slipped my mind. I haven't told maddie yet, it's just been crazy around here these last few weeks" camila shook her head but stopped when her head met with Lauren's chest. The older woman brought her in for a hug.

"I know. I've been around, camz" Lauren's raspy voice said, camila could feel the raspyness as she was cuddled into her girlfriend. "So...did you actually needed bacon or..." lauren trailedbof still not letting go of the small cuban.

"Sorta... making like a brunch thing. Bacon is always a necessity for maddie's birthday" camila smiled thinking back to the days maddie would wake up and eat almost the whole plate of back on her birthdays.

Lauren only laughed swaing them back and forth. Camila still held her hands close to her chest. Lauren held her tightly "you gonna hug me back?"

"Nah... this is more comfortable, Just being in your arms" camila mumbled closing her eyes and moving her head to try and snuggle closer to the woman.

Lauren only laughed kissing the top of her head.

-

"Maddie?"