Chapter 9 -No Need To Be All Wine And Sad On The Bed

NOBODY'S POV:

"Really?" Kyle quirked an eyebrow taking a bite of her donut. They stopped at there favorite donut shop, only ten minutes away from camila and dinah's apartment.

Maddie rolled her eyes and spoke, her mouth full with almost half a donut "hsijb cdjnenif kjdhjsein goyueonfhk jdobjrn" the girl shrugged.

"A little over board with boarding school?" Kyle swallowed her food "do you really want to spend every second of the day being watched, wearing uniform, eating nothing but greens and having no phones for another what? Six months we have left?" Kyle raised her eyebrow at maddie questionably.

Maddie bit her lip "it was in the moment thinking. I just said the first thing that comes to mind but I really need to leave for a few days. Thanksgiving is next week. I'll go to my grandparents house"

"A week? Without you? How could I ever live without you" kyle said being over dramatic opening the door to the apartments building "I'll see you-"

"Whoa whoa whoa... were do you think your going?" Maddie pulled her friend through the door and to the elevator. She pressed the second floor and withing seconds they were there.

"Oh no... maddie your grounded enough. Plus... I'm not in the mood to be scolded by your mother and aunt- god damn it maddie again?" Kyle cut herself of when maddie opened the front door to her apartment.

"Your my support animal, okay?" Maddie whispered hearing footsteps coming from the kitchen.

"Wha... I'm not a dog"

"I never said dog"

Camila appeared with a kitchen knife pointed outwards, both hands clutching the sharp object "jesus christ, aren't you supposed to be at work? And what is kyle doing here? Kyle come on..." camila said coming closer but maddie clutched her best friends hand tightly but not enough to break it.

"Mom...no" maddie shook her head closing her eyes "i-i need to leave"

Camila stopped in her tracks and looked at her strangely "what?"

"I need space from everything"

"Maddie you can go ahead and stay home from school all you want and lock your door-"

"Not that, mom!" Maddie cut her off and shook her head, she made eye contact with her mothers brown eyes.

"Boarding school" kyle said quietly but both girl heard it.

"What? You heard me talking about it didn't you?" Camila asked only getting a nod "maddie I'm not sending you to-"

"I wasn't planning on going even if you sent me" maddie huffed glaring at her friend before look at her mom again "i-i just wanted some time away from things. From here, from school, from lauren, dinah....and you" maddie barely let out the last part.

Camila choked back words, she opened her mouth but couldn't find anything to say so maddie spoke again "Thanksgiving is next week, and grandma and grandpa said I could stay for that week. To visit them and aunt Sofia.... i-i just need a place to clear my head"

Kyle rubbed her friends back.

Camila looked elsewhere but her daughter. She cupped her mouth but quickly acted like she was whipping something off it. Camila started to nodd softly, her next words taking both girls by suprise "...okay, yeah. If-if that's what you need" camila let a small smile pass her lips watching as maddie nodded firmly.

"Thanks" maddie said pulling kyle to her room.

"I don't want to be a burden but" kyle glanced at maddie who looked at her confused "if I were you...maddie's laptop-"