Chapter 13 - Did You Win?

NOBODY'S POV:

Maddie walked over to the bench by the softball field where they practiced. "Kyle, you ready to go? I think your mom is waiting" maddie sighed sitting down next to her friend and started to take of her cleats. It hasn't been a good day, her hands hurt and her face hurt.

Kyle looked out to where most of the parents were parked but she noticed a woman leaning on a car, dressed very familiar. Kyle stood up "I think you have other plans....". Kyle had a bad day too.

Maddie looked up and noticed where her bestfriend was looking at "what?....shit" she noticed lauren looking straight at her.
"Ignore her and take me home"

"I would but I'm not about to get on her bad side, dude" kyle chuckled as she walked "goodluck"

"Kyle- ugh" maddie groaned standing up. She put her bag on her back and made her way over to lauren. Maddie looked down and avoided Lauren's eyes at all coast.

"You always walk without shoes?" Lauren pointed to the girls feet.

"Let's go" maddie sighed putting her stuff in the trunk and then hopping into the passenger's seat. "Home"

Lauren got in with a small smile, she started the car "you wanna eat?"

"I'm not in the mood" maddie mumbled out. Something happened during school and she's been in a bad mood since this morning.

"You need to eat" lauren said sternly.

"Food at home" maddie mumbled again putting on her hoodie and tossing the hood on so her face was blocked off.

Lauren stopped at a red light and she turned to maddie worriedly "hey"

Maddie hummed in response, but that wasn't enough to satisfy the older woman because lauren gently grabbed her chin and turned her head. "Oh my god!" Her eyes widen.

"Stop!" Maddie groaned slapping Lauren's hand away. "Its nothing"

"Nothing!? Maddie where you in a fight?!"

The girl scoffed "no, a softball hit my face"

"Everywhere?" Lauren sighed when she saw the light turn green. She quickly found an entrance to a seven eleven close by the apartment and parked. She turned to maddie and raised an eyebrow.

"Many balls hit me today. I'm clumsy, I came out of camila cabello" maddie shrugged "can you drive"

"No" lauren said sternly "now look at me" the girl was hesitant but complied, avoided eye contact at al coast though.
"What happened?"

The small cabello stayed quiet.

"Maddison, tell me what happened" lauren sounded sencier.

"I got into a fight"

"No way" lauren acted suprise making the girl role her eyes "why"

"It wasn't me who started it. Kyle did- no wait someone else did. She heard someone talking bad about her mom and then she went to talk to them. Started to push each other and then I cut it short... or so I thought" maddie shook her head touching her lip where it was busted up, now with dry blood.

"And?" Lauren pushed the girl to talk.

"They said somethings that made me punch him" the girl mumbled.

Lauren's eyes wide at the mention of a boy "him?... so what did he say?"

Maddie caught Lauren's eyes quickly before adverting them out the front window to watch the cars drive by. She let out a sigh "said something about me, my mom and dinah...and then when they-"