Ch 55: Emma

"Again!" I yelled.

      I watched as Susan held her hands out levitating pieces of metal aiming them at me. I created a force field shielding me from the metal.

     "Lorna is the same age as you and has already mastered her abilities! You need to one up her! She will not hesitate you hurt you! You are stronger than her, now show it!" I yelled as I stood in front of her. "Deep down you know you can do it!"

    "Aurora let her rest!" Alex yelled from the top of the arena.

    "This is how she'll showcase the rest of her powers!" I yelled back.

    I turned back to Susan's.

    "Concentrate. You can do it. You can create a magnetic force field, you just need to concentrate" I said.

    She nodded her head.

    I snapped my fingers turning the lights off. I twisted my hands creating psionic balls, I threw one her way narrowly avoiding her.

    "Use your mind Susie" I said running up behind her.

    She created a psionic rope throwing it to my feet. I held my right hand out as a psionic sword appeared cutting het rope. I turned the lights back on smiling at the younger Black. I held my hands on either side of my levitating objects around the room aiming them at her. She held her hands up as a magnetic force field appeared with the pieces of metal from the ground. I smiled setting the objects back down. I watched as she jumped finally doing it.

    "You have much to learn about your powers. I know you see me as the most powerful but you don't give yourself enough credit. You are a strong mutant, you have always just focused on the wizarding part of our bloodline" I said smiling.

    Alex walked up beside me smiling putting his hand out for Susan to high five him.

    "I knew you had it in you kid" he laughed.

    I smiled watching the two get excited. Jubilee had interrupted the moment walking in with a frown on her face. I turned to Susan.

    "Go get changed, we have some business to attend to" I said grabbing her cheek.

   She shook my hand off laughing, running out of the arena.

    "Charles was able to get a scent of Emma" Jubilee said.

   "How?" Alex asked.

   "I'm not sure" she responded.

   "It has to be a trap" I said.

    She shrugged as we followed her inside and down to the X quarters. I glanced over at Alex as we walked through the hall. He pushed his hair back before looking at me smirking. I turned back forward as we walked into the room where Charles sat with Hank and Logan. Alex and I sat across from them as Charles began talking about Emma.

     "What if she is helping Erik?" Logan asked.

    "I don't think she would willingly help Erik and you all know that" I said.

    "You two were the closest with her. Both of you should be the ones to go in case she is helping him" Hank said. "Maybe one of you could talk her out."

     I rolled my eyes at Hank's words. Alex and I stood up looking at one another when Hank spoke up again.

    "I made new suits for the both of you. As the new leaders of the X-Men" he said hiding a smirk.

    Leaders. I turned to Alex, the both of us smiling.

    "From when you both were younger you both showed great leadership skills. For the longest time I had my heart set on Alex becoming the sole leader until I saw the way you showcased your skills as a leader a couple of years ago" he said pointing to me.