Ch 50: Rescue

I walked out of the small shop in downtown Manhattan looking to my left before walking the other direction. Walking down the busy street, looking at faces I will never see again. I continued on until I stood in front of a large building. I opened the door to be met with guns pointed at me. I held my hands up as they cocked their guns. I smirked as a man I had once trusted with my life appeared in his red suit with his normal red helmet on.

     "You really think guns are going to stop me Erik?" I asked as he stopped.

    He lifted his arm as he levitated guns behind him.

    "I think you forgot who I am" I said with my eyes glowing.

    I closed my left hand dissolving the guns leaving the shells to hit the ground.

    "You have my sister I will stop at nothing to bring her home" I said.

    "You didn't think I hadn't thought of back up?" He said.

    I closed my eyes as my street clothes turned into my black suit.

   "Great minds think alike" I said as a portal was created Scott, Kitty, Storm, Jubilee and Alex appearing in their suits.

    I threw a psionic ball to his stomach throwing him back. Wanda and Lorna appeared from behind him. I looked to the ceiling, holding my hands out I created a large psionic ball throwing it up through the walls. I levitated through the holes finding the floor where I could feel Susan's mind. I walked through the hall when I felt Lorna's presence behind me. I turned around to her hands glowing green as she took pieces of metal from around us pointing them at me. I threw a psionic ball at her throwing her back, some of the metal dropping and colliding with my body. I screamed as pieces of the metal dug into my skin. I looked to Lorna's body as she struggled to stand up. I levitated bits of the ceiling throwing them to her body.

I began walking away tearing the metal out of my body. I felt a piece in my neck tearing it out as blood began to pour out. I heard footsteps vastly approaching. I turned around creating a psionic sword pointing it at the person.

"I could have killed you Alex!" I said.

"We need to hurry" he said running beside me now.

    He stopped noticing the blood.

"I'm fine" I said.

We continued on until we found a heavily locked door. I turned to Alex nodding. He grabbed my arm pulling my body behind his as a red light came from his body knocking off the door. I walked into the room to find Susan unconscious strapped down on a bed. Alex looked around the room as I ripped the straps off her. I noticed there was some sort of device on her neck blinking a green light. I had Alex grab her body as we approached the door.

"We've got her" I said telling the rest of my team.

I grabbed ahold of Alex's arm transporting us back to the mansion. I felt my neck continue to bleed, I put my hand over it watching Alex set Susan down in one of the rooms looking at the device before turning to me. I slumped down on one of the chairs, Alex running over removing my hand then putting it back. He went on to grab a first aid kit from one of the cabinets. Without saying a word he kneeled down placing a cotton swab on the cut focusing on it. He began putting pressure on it to stop the bleeding, I closed my eyes at this. I opened them back up looking at how focused he was on it. My eyes scanning over every part of his face as he slowly blinked pushing his hair back. In this moment neither of us had said a word until his eyes had met mine.

"Thank you" I whispered.

His hand made its way to my face before he spoke.

"Anything for you bunny" he responded.

Kitty and Scott entered the room causing Alex to instantly remove his hand. I watched Kitty walk over to Susan who miraculously was now awake. What I hadn't known is that entire time she was in fact watching Alex and I.

    Charles and Hank looked over her vitals making sure everything was okay. Alex and I stood outside the door looking in as they took blood samples, connecting her to machines.

    "How did he get in the wizarding world?" He asked.

    "I don't know" I said.

    "What did he want her for?" He asked.

    "I don't think he truly needed her for anything. I think he was trying to use her as bait" I said.

    He turned to face me.

    "For you?" He said.

    I slightly nodded my head. After standing in silence outside we both walked in making sure she was okay. Alex walked with Susan to down the hall to get food. I turned to Charles.

    "I want her to stay here" I said.

    "I thought you might say that" Charles smiled.

    "She's safer here than she is there. She's a moving target no matter where she goes" I said.

    "Very well" he said. "She will stay here."

    I nodded my head before walking out. I closed my eyes transporting to Grimmauld Place. I walked through the kitchen to find both my parents sitting at the table with tear stained cheeks.

    "Did you find her?" My mother asked.

    "Yes. I've made the decision to keep her in New York for her safety" I said.

    "You're taking her from us! We're her parents!" My father shouted.

    "I mean this with all the respect in the world. I love both of you dearly and so does she. But she doesn't completely trust the two of you. She's safer there with people who have trained and know how to fight" I said. "I'll be there a lot too to ensure she's safe."

   They both looked at each other before agreeing.

   "I love you both" I said leaving.

    Transporting back to the X mansion I found Susan upstairs with Alex in the kitchen. I smiled watching the two until Alex noticed my standing at the door smiling. I walked over leaving against him as Susan offered me some ice cream.

     "You're going to stay here" I said.

    "What? Are you going to be here?" She asked.

    "For most of the time I will. To make sure you're safe" I said.

    She smiled wide before jumped off to hug me.

    "It's safer for you here" I whispered.

    She ran out of the kitchen leaving Alex and I. I turned to him as he pushed my hair behind my ear.

    "It'll be okay" he said.

    I let out a breath I hadn't realized I was holding in before nodding.