Ch 6: Salem Center

Edited 6/3/21

     The past year was eventful. Fred, George and I became inseparable. Getting detentions every other week, I got in trouble fairly quickly for using my powers. Moony was disappointed and I promised not to use them and get caught.

      Amelia and I became best friends quickly. She was quiet possibly the nicest person I had ever met. We had many sleepovers and late night talks. Last week I was at the Diggory's house. Amos, her father was very intrigued about the normal world or as wizards called it the muggle world, much like Fred and George's dad. I spent nearly an hour talking with him about how different the worlds are.

     I was getting ready to go to New York to talk to Charles.

     "Are you sure you don't want us to go?" Andy asked.

    "I'm fine I'll be back soon. He just needs to check my blood work" I said smiling. She nodded. I closed my eyes and transported.

     I walked straight to his office. I sat waiting for him. I saw a folder on his desk that had Jean Grey on it. Along with a folder named Phoenix Force. Charles then walked in. He quickly took the folders putting them in a drawer.

"Aurora splendid to see you! How are you my darling?" He asked.

"I am good Professor" I smiled. I followed him out of the office down to the basement where only X-Men were allowed to go.

He motioned for me to go into the room. I walked in sitting on the chair. Professor Hank was already there prepping. He started hooking up my arms and head to the machine. Professor Hank then took some blood. They stood over the machine mumbling to one another.

"It's not like anything I've seen. Even with Jean" I faintly heard.

"Why is it the Phoenix Force chose me" I interrupted. Both of them turned their heads. "Why is it that I had controlled it so easily compared to Jean?"

"That's a conversation for when you're a bit older" Charles said.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"What did we say about asking before reading minds?" Professor Hank said.

"I didn't have to read your mind to know somethings wrong" I said.

"Your mind is the most intelligent I have ever seen. Even more than Jean's or Emma's. It's incredible" Charles said. "It's stronger even than mine."

"Your mind is growing rapidly. Already you are the most powerful mutant to ever live. Without the force inside you, you would still be" Professor Hank said.

I sat there staring blank at both of them not knowing what to say.

After a while of doing more tests we went back upstairs. I ran to find my friends. Peter, Scott and Storm sat on the couch in the lounge. I stood there waiting for them to notice me. Finally Peter had.

"Aurora!" He yelled running to me.

      "Peter!" I responded. Storm and Scott ran over hugging me. "I miss you guys."

     "I'll go get Kitty and Jubilee!" Peter said running off.

     We walked outside and sat in our normal spot in the grass. Peter soon came back with Jubilee and Kitty.

     "So how is Hogwarts?" Kitty asked.

     "It's amazing. It's so beautiful and soothing" I said.