Epilogue

"Partner up, once you are finished raise your hand quietly and I will examine your work" I said watching my last class of the day and of the year.

The students quickly paired up working on the assignment I had given. One by one they raised their hands as I walked up to each and every one of them.

"Miss Summers!" A young boy by the name of Michael had yelled raising his hand.

"Yes" I responded.

"Our assignment was on our family tree, how about your family tree" he said innocently.

"My parents both died some time ago" I said softly.

"Do you have any siblings?" Another student asked.

I stood there remembering her, remembering her long black curly hair when I first met her. Behind her blue eyes was the kindest and most caring soul one could ever meet. She was so much more than a beautiful face, she never gave up no matter what was thrown at her. She never cared if she got hurt as long as she protected those closest to her. Risking her life time after time until it had finally caught up to her.

Without thinking, I grabbed onto the pendant that hung from my neck. Looking down at the small blue butterfly. Butterfly.

"I had a sister" I said. "Many of you have probably heard stories of her, of the most powerful mutant to exist."

They all looked to each other, mumbling possible names when a hand sprung up from the back of the class.

"Aurora Black" the girl said causing the class to go silent.

It had been years since I heard her full name and yet it was a dagger to the heart hearing it so many years after her death.

"Those of you going home for the summer, I hope it is exciting and fun! And those of you staying I will see you around!" I said as the students got up rushing to the door.

I gathered up my things walking out of the classroom. As I roamed the halls I imagined a young Aurora running with her friends, racing down the halls and getting in trouble. I hadn't realized I stopped walking when I was startled from behind.

"Susie" Scott whispered into my ear.

"Scott that's not funny" I said hitting his arm.

"What were you thinking about?" He asked.

After Aurora's death at the Battle of Hogwarts I could never bring myself to talk about her. I never got to say goodbye. Scott was one of the people who had witnessed her unleashing the Phoenix Force on Voldemort along with the Chaos Magic she had absorbed from Wanda, using both of those in their natural forms is what ultimately killed her. They had grew up together, Aurora had helped Scott control the beams that come from his eyes in which he thought he could never. He never liked talking about her nor did I blame him. They were best friends and in an instant she was gone.

     Her death impacted more than just me. It impacted both the wizarding and mutant worlds, along with many people who had the pleasure of knowing and working alongside her. Of those impacted I think George got hit the most. The woman who he loved left him with nothing but a note. His other half was taken from him mere feet away as they fought for their lives. Alls he had left was Aurora for the short time he did. He was the one to run to her body as it lay cold on the ground. I remember his cries as he held into her body once I awoke completely.

     "Just thinking about the future I suppose" I said smiling.

    We both began walking down the hall side by side.

    After the events of the Battle of Hogwarts, Scott and I had found ourselves spending loads of time together. Over a span of a year we found ourselves finding comfort in one another eventually falling in love. Maybe the feeling of losing a loved one brought us closer together. Although everything Aurora did was for her family I couldn't help but have the thought of switching places with her. She never got to live a life with no looking over your shoulder or having to be ready to fight. Out of everyone I have gotten to meet she remains the one person who deserved a happy ending. She deserved to live a life full of love and happiness. It somewhat brought me peace knowing she was with our parents and Fred. Even though she was no longer here I knew she was happier somehow, she was finally at peace and as much as it hurt not having her here I knew deep down it was where she belonged.

     Classes for the year were now over. I found Kitty sitting alone on the balcony.

    "Mind creating a portal for me?" I asked.

    "To where?" She asked.

    "Hogwarts" I said.

    She looked at me stunned. She stood up hovering her hands into a circle. I walked through it looking around. I hadn't step foot near the school since the war ended. It brought back happy memories of laying in the grass with Hermione by my side laughing. It also brought back the worst day of my life. I walked down the hall passing by the quidditch case. The best players from all the houses over all the years had pictures and plaquards. I smiled seeing my father with his friends standing beside each other in the Gryffindor picture. My eyes wandered to the Hufflepuff part of the case. Aurora had a small plaque on a large piece of wood. A. Black. I felt tears form in my eyes quickly looking away.

     Once again I began walking down the hall. I stopped upon reaching a new case I had never seen. It was near the front of the school. The fallen fifty. The case had pictures and ages of all the fallen fifty. Aurora's picture was in the center and slightly larger than the rest. She looked beautiful in the picture with her white hair sitting atop her shoulders. Tears began falling down my face looking at her face for the first time since I saw her body cold and limb.

    "I'm sorry" I whispered. "I love you Aurora. This is my goodbye, to you."

    "I love you too my little butterfly" someone said behind me.

    I turned around instantly being met with a ghostly figure of her. A faint smile appeared on her face.

     She was at peace.