Ch 40: Return to the Pitch

Harry POV

      I grabbed onto Cedric's body.

      "Accio" I yelled for the goblet.

    "Kill him!" I heard. I watch as Aurora created a shield around me.

    I grabbed the cup looking at Aurora one last time before closing my eyes. When I reopened them cheering erupted, music began playing. Cedric's body beneath me.

     I started crying. A girl began screaming.

    "Harry! Harry!" Dumbledore said as I tried holding onto Cedric's body. 

    "No!" I screamed. "He's back. He's back. Voldemort's back. Aurora made me bring his body back I didn't want to leave her, not there."

    "It's alright Harry" Dumbledore said.

    Fred and Susan pushed Dumbledore out of the way.

   "Harry! Where is she! Where is Aurora!" He yelled frantically.

   "She made me come back without her" I whispered.

     "You left her!" Susan yelled.

    "No. No please Harry" I could see tears forming in their eyes.

     "Let me through! That's my son! That's my boy!" Mister Diggory yelled. Amelia right behind him running up to Cedric's body. Amelia then turned to me.

    "Is she dead?" She asked tears streaming down her face.

   "I-I don't know" I said. Teddy ran up to me holding me.

    "I'm sorry Teddy. She made me come back. I didn't want to leave her but she made me" I cried as he held me.

     "It's okay" he whispered. I looked to Fred who was being held by George as he wept. Susan was oddly crying at the thought of her being dead.

    I was grabbed by Moody. I continued crying as he brought me into a room. He locked the door behind us. He sits be down beside a very large trunk. I looked around for a bit, Aurora didn't like him much always felt like something was off about him.

    "Does it hurt Potter?" He asked.

    "Not so much now" I responded.

    "Were there others in the graveyard?" He asked from the other room.

    "I-I don't think I said anything about a graveyard Professor" I responded as he slowly walked back into the room.

    He began going through looking for something.

   "It was you from the beginning. You put our names into the goblet of fire" I said.

   "Yes and no. The Malfoy girl was the one who put you and Aurora's names into the goblet. You won because I made you do so" he said.

    His face began changing. Dumbledore along with McGongall and Snape entered. The trunk opened revealing the real Moody at the bottom. The imposter turning into Barty Crouch Jr.

    Dumbledore sent me to my room to clean up and relax. Fred and George barging in.

     "Fred stop!" I heard George say.

     "Why did you leave her there! What if she's dead!" Fred yelled.

    "Freddie stop it it's not his fault!" George said.

    "I love her Harry I can't live without her" Fred said.

     I saw the pain in his eyes.

    "I'm sorry. I told her I didn't want to leave her. B-but she made me" I said looking down.

    "Harry it's fine" George said.

    "It's not fine! She could be dead!" Fred yelled.

    "We don't know that!" George responded. Ron came up behind them.

    "Both of you leave!" He yelled. George dragged Fred out of the room.

    Ron and I sat in the room in silence.

   "Do you think she's dead?" He asked.

   "I hope not. Sirius would probably kill me" I said looking down.

    "Speaking of Sirius you should probably write to him" he said. I agreed. I took out parchment paper and a quill, and began writing.

     I put the letter into and envelope. Giving it to Ron to give to Hedwig.

    Later in the day Sirius had responded. Most of his letter showing worry for Aurora. The more the days went by without hearing anything of her, the more worried I got that she in fact was dead. Would it be my fault? I shouldn't have left her there. I should've made her come back.

    The days that go by Fred and George were not talking to me. They barely acted as if I even existed. I knew why and I didn't blame them. Teddy was distant from me as well. Susan would send me glares.

    For the past week the school was in shock. Not only for the death of a student but another being missing presumably dead. Aurora's presence was surely noticed. Sirius and Remus sent me letters multiple times a day asking if I had heard anything. Dumbledore hadn't told me anything.

     Many of the students parents had taken them out early after finding out what happened at the tournament. Although not everybody believes me as to what happened. If Aurora turned out to be dead, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself.

Susan POV

       Fred and George stood on either side of me as Harry came back with the goblet with a body underneath him. Cheering erupted as everyone seen the goblet in his hand. He quickly dropped it, crying. I looked closer realizing it was Cedric underneath him. His body looked limp and lifeless. I grabbed onto Fred's arm.

     "Fred he's dead" I said softly. "Aurora isn't with them."

      I could feel his heart beat increasing looking back to Harry.

       "No!" Harry screamed as Dumbeldore approached him. "He's back. He's back. Voldemort's back. Aurora made me bring his body back I didn't want to leave her, not there."

    "It's alright Harry" Dumbledore said.

    Fred pushed past Dumbledore, I quickly followed him.

   "Harry! Where is she! Where is Aurora!" Fred yelled frantically.

   "She made me come back without her" Harry whispered.

     "You left her!" I yelled choking back on tears.

    "No! No please Harry" Fred said realizing she might not come back.

     "Let me through! That's my son! That's my boy!" Amos Diggory yelled. Amelia right behind him running up to Cedric's body. Amelia then turned to Harry as tears flooded her eyes.

     "Is she dead?" She asked tears streaming down her face.

     I tuned out, standing there alone. George was holding Fred up, he held his arms out pulling me into a hug as we both cried.

     Days had gone by with no word as to Aurora's whereabouts. Deep down I could feel her hanging on by a thread. Every night I fell asleep I would see her death, in a room alone with blood surrounding her body.

      Our father had sent me letters multiple times a day since her not coming back. I sat on a window sill alone looking up at the stars. Thinking. Fred had shut himself down, lashing out many times at Harry.

       I jumped down walking back towards the common room when I felt something. I stopped in my tracks, not feeling her anymore. I fell to my knees as tears fell down my face. I looked down at my hands as they glowed.

     "Ahh!" I screamed out as an undying pain went throughout my body. "Please come back!"

      I looked up not being able to see the person standing before me as the tears in my eyes clouded my sight.