Ch 45: Detentions

"Do you still love me?" Fred asked.

     I sat there thinking about the questions for longer than I should have.

    "Of course I-I do" I stuttered.

    He looked at me confused.

   "You never stutter" he said.

    Did I love Fred? Of course I did. Right?

    "I've got to get to my detention" I said kissing his cheek before walking back to the castle.

    I walked to my common room to drop off my things and to change. I went to my room to see Susan at my desk with new letters in front of her. I walked over kissing the top of her head. She handed me the letters. One was from Alex and another was from Ernie. I decided to open Ernie's letter first.

     Over the years Ernie and I had grown close, though not as close as I was with George or Teddy. I considered him to be a close friend especially after Cedric's death. He had been one of my closest friends seeing his death was something I couldn't forgive myself for. Cedric didn't deserve to die.

     Ernie and Cedric had been best friends since they were children, it had affected him tremendously when Harry came back with Cedric's body. Over the summer we had written to each other almost daily. He had begun working at the Ministry of Magic as an Auror of course. If anyone was going to become an Auror and be a good one it was going to be Ernie.

    After reading the letters I looked up to Susan.

    "I already have a detention" I said.

    "I know. Nearly everyone's heard about your little argument with the new professor" she said.

    "I should probably get going" I said.

     I took my robe off slipping on my quidditch jumper. I walked out of my room then out of the common room to find Umbridge's office. I had finally found it with a small staircase leading to the door. I rolled my eyes as I stepped up the steps knocking on the door. I put my ear to the door as I heard meows? I stood there confused as I got no response.

    "Come in" was softly said.

    I turned the knob opening the door to see plates everywhere on the bright pink walls with cats on them meowing. I looked from the plates to her.

    "Miss Black sit down" she said.

    I looked to the chair sitting down without a word, glaring at the woman.

    "It is to my understanding Miss Black you are a very gifted young witch. But you're a mutant" she said almost disgusted. "How did your hair turn the color of white?"

    I felt my eyes slightly glowing as I entered her mind.

    "I think you already know the answer so I am not going to say it aloud" I smiled.

    She looked at me shocked.

   "Now tell me how is Miss Bones? Or should I say Miss Black?" She said.

   "What did you just say?" I said.

    "You heard me correctly" she said smiling.

    I looked at her for a second before speaking.

    "Fewer than ten people on this planet know if her true name" I said. "How is it you, a child of a squib know that."

    "My parents are pure-bloods!" She said.

    I held my hand out as a light white light emitted showing a young Umbridge with her father and mother. It showed her mother to be nothing more than a nurse who just so happened to fall for a wizard.

   "Your mother was no witch and your father was barely a wizard" I smiled.

    She grabbed her wand pointing it to me. I stared at her as I continued to stay seated, waiting for her to do something stupid.

    "You are the very thing you despise" I said.

   "Crucio!" She said.

    I created a black force field around me as she stood there dumbfounded. I held my hand up  as it glowed freezing her body, my eyes slightly glowing.

    "I won't tell anyone about this talk but if you lay a single finger on Susan I will make sure you won't live to see the next day" I snarled flicking my wrist sending her body to one of the walls as plates fell.

    I walked out of her office and back to my room.

   The following weeks consisted of Umbridge giving out detentions left and right. Most of the students having used a blood quill. I checked on Susan daily making sure she had no marks on her. Although to her she found it odd. Fred and George continuously had gotten detentions.

    I held Fred's bloodied hand in mine.

   "You both need to stop. I understand its your personalities to joke around but this needs to stop" I said cleaning up the blood.

   "Why should we? We don't even need to be here. We don't need this education" he said.

   "Fred listen to me, you can't keep going on like this" I said pointing to his hand.

   "Let's leave with George. We both know what you really want to do after graduating and you don't need this school for that" he said.

    I sat there thinking for a moment. I know I had doubted becoming an X-Men but its something I was destined for and something my mother never got the chance to do.

    "What about Susie?" I asked.

    "You know Ron will look after her" he smiled.

    "Fine" I said giving in.

     We stayed up the remainder of the night with George coming up with a plan. Amelia was to come with us although we hadn't talked much since the third task. I still could not help but feel like she thought of it as my fault. I would give anything to bring him back.

    The following day was the day we would be leaving. Amelia and I talked a bit more than usual as we were the beginning of the plan. I had told Susan right after I left the boys to tell her. She was saddened but understood. I could tell she was somewhat nervous being essentially alone. She had Ron, Hermione and Harry as close friends but I knew she didn't want me to leave even if she didn't audibly say it.

    I had packed all my things looking around the room I had spent the past couple years. The place I had called home although I knew it wasn't my real home. My real home was in New York. I walked to the desk tracing my fingers along the carving on the side smiling. I grabbed my bag taking one last look before walking out to find Amelia with a bag in hand.

    We walked in silence to the great hall where students were taking their OWL's. Fred and George were around the corner with our bags waiting on our signal. Amelia walked in front of the doors knocking hard before running back to the other side. I held my index and middle fingers to my temple making us virtually invisible to anybody surrounding us.

    Umbridge opened the door looking to me then to Amelia however she saw nothing until Fred and George zoomed in on their brooms. Fireworks erupting everywhere. Amelia and I watched in awe as they came back around each of them extending their arms. I held mine out grabbing Fred as he pulled me on the broom sitting behind him.

Before we left the grounds two large W's were in the sky. We zoomed off to Diagon Alley as we landed in front of an abandoned building in the corner.

"This is it" George said smiling.

Fred pulled out a key sliding it into the lock. He opened the door smiling as we all entered. The shelves just needed to be stocked with products and cleaned up. We walked to the back and up the stairs to the place we'd be living.

"This is home" Fred said placing his arm behind my back.

I looked around. It wasn't my home. I forced a smile as he looked down at me placing a kiss on my cheek.