Ch 14: Lockhart Detention

Edited 6/3/21

      Amelia jumped onto my bed as I slept.

"Get up! Get up! Get up!" She yelled.

"Amelia Diggory I am going to kill you" I said sitting up.

"Look at the clock its after seven" she said.

I glanced over to the clock and jumped out of bed quickly changing. I grabbed my robe and wand running out of the common room with Amelia. We were walking when I put my robe on and slipped my wand into the pockets. As we sat down I noticed other students staring at me or us. I looked around confused.

"Do I have something on my face?" I asked Amelia. As she turned her head to look at me her mouth gaped open. "What? Do I have something on my face? Amelia use your words."

"Aurora who's-" McGonagall cut her off.

"Good morning students today we will- oh Miss Black a Gryffindor you are today?" She said smiling.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"Your robe my dear" she said. I looked down at the robe that had a Gryffindor crest in the corner and crimson red on the inside. I quickly took it off.

"Sorry ma'am" I said as my cheeks heated up.

"Fred's?" Amelia whispered into my ear.

"Not now" I said.

After class Amelia would not let me hear the end of it.

"How did you end up with Fred's robe?" She asked.

"Last night we were hanging out and I suppose I grabbed his which meant" I said smiling.

"He has yours" she laughed.

Potions class came as George and I sat there awaiting Snape's instructions. He wasted no time in asking about the robe situation earlier this morning.

"Ask me one more time and I will permanently turn your hair green" I said looking at him as he began to say something but stopped himself. "Thank you."

After class George walked me to defense against the dark arts.

"He is so daft, how are they letting him teach? I would be a better teacher" I said.

"Every girl seems to fancy him" he laughed.

"I don't know why. Why would anyone want to be in a relationship with someone so idiotic" I said.

I walked into the classroom sitting in my normal spot. Fred sat beside me smirking handing me my robe.

"I believe this is yours" he said.

"And I believe this is yours" I said handing him his. "It was quiet embarrassing this morning."

"Oh I bet. Snape noticed right away and even took points off Gryffindor" he said. "As I always say the red does look good on you."

I smiled looking down. Lockhart entered the room smiling as he normally does. He gave us a test about his books. He handed us the papers sitting at his desk watching us.

I looked at the papers circling the answers.

"Did you read the books?" Fred whispered.

"Course not I looked inside his mind" I winked.

"You're-" he was cut off by Lockhart standing over us.

"Cheating? Oh no that won't do. Detention!" He said taking our papers.