Chapter 42 - One last play

Start from the beginning

"I know, but we don't have to." 

"How?", Seonghwa scoffed. He couldn't believe Hongjoong moved on from this so fast when he couldn't. But the look in his best friends eyes made him stop. 

"Let's not make up a play. Let's play ourselves. Let's act out our memories with them, backstage, on stage, at the practices." 

"How should we do that? No one can play them." 

"I know. But we can use videos or pictures." 

Seonghwa still wasn't really convinced, despite wanting to do such a play. Then he thought of something else. "Are you sure our school would allow that? They act like the theatre club doesn't exist anymore." 

At this Hongjoong looked back and he thought of the friends sleeping in the living room. They were a team. "When we work together, anything is possible." 

Seonghwa cringed. "You're cheesy." 

"I know. On top of that we have Yeonjun and no sane teacher would argue with him. They lose the moment they open their mouth." 

"So we have a plan?" 

"No. When did any of our plans ever work?" 

"Never. So what else is it if not a plan?", Seonghwa asked, already feeling better a lot. Hongjoong held out his pinky to him and Seonghwa took it, confused. Hongjoong smiled. 

"A promise." 

"Why the hell are we going to school today?", Wooyoung complained as the group followed Hongjoong and Seonghwa. "it's Saturday!" 

"Oh, calm down, Woo. It's not that bad. Maybe they have a surprise.", Mingi said and patted Wooyoung's shoulder, who scoffed. 

"I hope so. Otherwise they woke me up for nothing! I didn't even get to eat break-" 

"Oh shut up.", Seonghwa said and pushed a bit of bread into Wooyoung's mouth. Then they reached the front door and stopped. 

"What a fantastic plan.", Yeosang mumbled. "First you wake us up, then you make us walk all the way to school and then you don't have a key?" 

"No, we don't.", Hongjoong said. "But we have a Yeonjun."

Yeonjun walked to the front, still in his pyjamas, and smiled at the group. "Do you really think I, as the 'troublemaker' of school-" He was saying that with sarcasm. "-don't have a way of getting in anytime I want?" 

"If my grandmother finds out about this-". Jongho gulped. "-I am dead and this time I'm not joking." 

"Relax.", Rory said and nudged Yeonjun's side. "He managed to steal Mr. Brunner's car." 

"That was a teacher's car?", Yunho asked in shock, to which the other's nodded. After a few seconds Yeonjun let them in and carefully closed the door afterwards. 

Together the group followed Seonghwa and Hongjoong and after they passed a few hallways, they knew where they were going. Confused and a bit scared they looked at each other but didn't say anything. Then they stopped in front of a familiar room. Everyone held their breath when Hongjoong opened it and motioned them to come inside. 

Rory looked around and smiled sadly. This had been the room school gave them to practice and build the stage. It seemed emptier now that half of it had been thrown away but Rory noticed important things were still there. 

Her eyes wandered to the long table they had often sat at and the worn out couch in the corner. Hours they had spend in this room, planning everything out. Hongjoong had even slept here a few times, since he wanted to finish the outfits.