Chapter 27 - Surprise successful

Congratulations, this is youth
Enjoy and face this priceless time
High five, high five, get tossed shoulder-high
We congratulate you high up in the clouds
For being you

-Ateez, Celebrate

"Hey.", Rory said when she entered Yunho's room and found him sitting at the edge, tired of laying down. Yunho greeted her with a shy smile and when he saw the bowl of soup in her hands it got wider. 

"Is that for me?", he asked quietly and Rory nodded.

"Seonghwa made it. Don't know if it's edible thought." 

"I'm starving, I'd eat anything.", Yunho said, making Rory smile sadly. She wanted to talk to Yunho about him not eating anything because of her but she didn't want to ruin his happy mood so she just smiled at him. 

Yunho grabbed the bowl with shaky fingers and tried to lift the spoon. The soup spilled onto Rory's shoe making Yunho gasp in shock. "I'm so sorry." 

"It's just a shoe.", Rory laughed and it felt weird to laugh like this. She would have to get used to it again. Rory softly took the bowl out of Yunho's hands. "Let me do it." 

Yunho seemed as if he wanted to argue against it but one look at his bandaged hands made him stop. With red ears he opened his mouth and let Rory feed him, not taking his eyes of her. 

But even her sight didn't make the soup tastier. "What the hell did Seonghwa put in there?" 

"Don't ask. I think I don't even want to know." 

"It tastes like shit.", he said but then gasped at himself. "Don't tell Seonghwa I said that. Or he will kill me." 

"That would be funny though, wouldn't it? Killed by an angry man with a spoon." 

Yunho let out a sarcastic laugh. "I once got into an argument with him. He didn't talk to me for a day! I felt so guilty because of his disappointed looks." 

A laugh left Rory's throat. She felt the same whenever Chan and her had gotten into an argument. Just his disappointed look made her want to apologize immediately. She couldn't help but sigh at this memory. When was the last time she argued with her brother? Actually Rory couldn't remember it. They didn't talk that much anymore, even though both tried somehow, but Chan was always soft to her. 

"My brother has this disappointed look as well. Scary.", Rory said, trying to hide her thoughts. Yunho forced himself to eat another spoon full of soup but at the mention of her brother he looked up. 

"Can you tell me about him?" 

"My brother?", Rory asked surprised. "He's as interesting as a brick." 

Yunho glared at Rory in shock. "He's your brother, of course I want to know about him. Maybe that would explain why you're left with no braincells." 

"Hey! I'm definitely smarter than my, well, nah. You're right.", Rory answered and both of them broke out in laughter. Yunho's injuries made him flinch because of the sudden movement and he tried to hide them from Rory but she noticed. "Lay down, okay? Should I get some medicine? More bandages?" 

When Rory already wanted to stand up, Yunho grabbed her wrist to stop her. He pouted. "There's only one way to make me feel better, don't you remember?" 

For a second Rory had no idea what he was talking about, proving Chan had really gotten all the braincells, until she remembered what happened only a few days before. Then a smirk appeared on her face. "So you think a kiss would heal all your wounds?"