Chapter 29 - Yunho aka the reason why dating standards are so high

Looking for star
Looking for love
I will protect you forever
So that no sorrow can come.
Forever you are my star.

-Ateez, Star 1117

Ra was standing at the harbor, her warriors behind her. Some of them were still wounded, not able to stand up straight but she could see the proud looks on their faces. Wherever she went the citizen would come up to her, thank her. Ra had tried her best to keep them away but some viewed her as a savior. Turning her attention back to her friends, she noticed Rory was already here. 

"We just wanted to say goodbye to you.", she announced and gestured to her whole crew. The copies waved at them despite the awkwardness and the other boys quickly hugged them. 

"Don't forget to hide our weapons.", Hwanwoong warned but then broke out in a smile when he hugged Mingi who didn't want to part from them. 

Xion came to Rory and hugged her as well. Out of all of them she had the best relationship with him. 

"Kick some ass out there, okay?", he asked happily. "And visit us sometimes." 

"I'll try.", Rory replied and couldn't help but feel sad. She hugged the others as well and soon all of them were going back onto the ship, getting ready to sail away. 

Slowly the island got smaller and smaller and Rory could see the people waving after them. She turned to her friends who were looking at each other proudly. Then Hongjoong spoke up, leaning onto the rail. 

"Ra gave me something.", he started and smiled. "She said it was something our copies had created, a name for the rebellions." 

Hongjoong held a cloth in his hands and when he spread it, Rory saw it was a flag. Mingi let out a laughter. 

"Ateez huh? Doesn't sound that bad." 

Rory watched the sunset at the rail, wondering how long it would take to reach Wonderland. Something came into her mind. In this world it was still her birthday. With a smile she turned around and watched the boys preparing something. She wouldn't tell them about her birthday though, just this sight filled her with happiness.

Wooyoung felt her gaze on them and came to Rory. "We have a surprise for you. Come with me." 

He grabbed Rory by her wrist and dragged her into the messy bedroom. Confused Rory looked around. Did they remember her birthday? Probably not. 

"Here.", Wooyoung said and threw a dress at Rory. "Change." 

"Why? What's going on?" 

"You'll see. Now change.", Wooyoung said and turned around. Rory quickly changed out of her dirty clothes and into the blue, simple dress. It was her first time wearing a dress again after the accident and she felt insecure about her scars. 

"I-I'm ready.", she said so Wooyoung could turn around again. His gaze went to her scars but he didn't dare to comment something. Rory let out a bitter laugh. "That's why I prefer suits." 

Wooyoung chuckled at that. "Sorry. But trust me, you'll like it. Yeo!" 

As if on cue Yeosang entered the room, holding a box in his hands. With a grin he sat down next to Rory and Wooyoung left the room. 

"What the hell is going on?", Rory asked, knowing something was fishy. Yeosang smiled innocently. 

"I'm not gonna ruin the surprise but I can say you're going to like it."