Chapter forty-four~ Hollis

Start from the beginning

She reached over at my knee and gave it a warming squeeze.

 It's weird how you let doctors touch you in places you wouldn't ever let ordinary people touch.

"This is nothing scientific at all but in my opinion you should be good. So many girls come in here with that concern and everything's just fine. It even happened with my own kid and he's top of the class." She reassured.

I felt a little of my worries fade away.

"That's great to hear, really." I sighed in relief.

"We can still do the ultrasound though, right?" Luke chimed in, "To see if the baby is safe and all."

"Yes, of course. Why don't we do that now." She said.

She proceeded to put cold, slimey gel on my stomach and started tinkering with the sonogram machine. Before I knew it, I saw the small figure of a baby on the machine.

Well it didn't exactly look like a little baby but it was there.

After finding the baby, she immediately said, "Hollis, Luke, your baby is looking completely healthy."

"It's about eleven centimeters, so a tiny little thing. About the size of an apple." She said, moving to see more of the baby.

"It's heart rate is currently 140 beats per minute and the head is fairly large bit that's completely normal at this stage." 

"Baby is going to be growing at an immensely fast pace from now on." She informed me.

She told us some more information and wiped off my stomach. Then she sent us home with some papers.

This was all so real now and I couldn't be happier.

"Guess we need to go house shopping soon." I said to Luke, as we walked out.

"Guess so." He grinned.

......

Three weeks later, it was the day I was going to be modeling all the workout clothes. I had to wake up around 5:30 and to go and drive to L.A.  They had rented out a big studio for the photoshoot which made everything feel really official to me.

I was so excited for this to finally be happening but I was also really nervous. After all, I was going to be in workout clothes where my stomach would be out. 

My baby bump wasn't that noticable. Normally, at twenty weeks, you're belly would be huge already. Mine just hadn't really grown all that much, which was odd.

I was twenty weeks and just looked constantly bloated. Luke reassured me that nobody would say anything about it and probably wouldn't even notice. 

He was most likely right but I still couldn't help but feel nervous. Not to mention, my morning sickness had been horrible recently. And might I add, it wasn't just in the mornings. It was a constant thing that happened. 

I was gonna try and eat as little as possible today. I would eat just enough so the baby was well nourished for the time being but hopefully this was as little to the point were I couldn't throw up. 

But who knows what was going to go down today.

I was pretty much alone for the shoot today. By pretty much, I meant completely alone.

Luke was at an away game, perks of having a fiance in the MLB. That was me being sarcastic, by the way.

Melanie was in class and babysitting Waco and then the rest of my friends were an hour away. 

Owen had offered to drive up since he was the only one who really knew about the pregnancy and my newfound insecurities. 

Did I ever mention how Luke reacted when finding out about Owen finding out about the pregnancy first?