Ugh... right, attack first this time.

"Hey, Anna wasn't it? And who's this?" I smiled and she blinked at me.

"Wow what a good memory!" She chuckled awkwardly as the younger woman smiled at me. Clearly Anna didn't remember my name.

"I'm Krista, nice to meet ya." She said and I could see Anna's eyes just willing me to say my name again.

"I'm Riley." I responded eventually, stopping myself from smirking, and she just smiled like she knew all along.

"I think I remember you from last year?" Aaron asked Krista with a tilt of his head.

Oh thank god not everyone knows each other.

"Yeah, I usually visit when it's time for y'all to let the calves out, Anna's my cousin." She smiled, then looked at both of us. "How do you two know eachother?"

Uh oh.

"Uh, Boyfriend." Aaron explained honestly before I had a chance to think and I just blinked.

You don't just come out to someone with that strong of a country accent!

I watched her face for a reaction, but she just smiled and nodded like any other introduction.

Phew.

I gave Aaron a warning look as a few more people wandered over, but he just seemed confused.

"Homophobia exists." I whispered as the others greeted eachother. He nodded his head in understanding but smiled and mouthed 'its okay'.

It's not okay! I don't want to have to shank anyone if they decide to be an asshole!

"More new people!" A ginger man smiled happily, followed by a posse of people.

Surely they're not all going to introduce themselves...

"The calves are rearing to go so we should just get on with it." A woman said and I sighed in relief.

Small miracles.

I noticed Aaron chuckling as they all dispersed into separate sections of the large calf shed and looked up at him.

"What are you laughing at?" I tsked.

"Your hilariously shy body language maybe?"

"How would you like it if I shoved you into a group of my friends!"

"You don't have that many friends."

"Ruddee. I could have. I mean.. if you pile everyone I've ever been friends with together."

"Sure." He smiled, a little distracted by the excited calves that came bouncing up to us.

Omg.

I'm going to cry.

So precious.

"Babies.." I exclaimed quietly, trying not to scream as I stroked one's head. It gently moo'd at me before sucking on my fingers.

Mercyyyy I can't take this.

No, so precious...so sad... I'm not your mumma.

"Aaron.." I became concerned as three of them started circling and nuzzling me and he chuckled.

"You're mom now...for at least five minutes until they lose interest."

"What do I do?" I chuckled as my other hand got latched onto too.

"Don't offend them and you'll be fine." He smirked, getting attacked by his own gang of ruffians.

"Right," A woman stood on top of a hay bale. "..Shed A are going first, followed by B and C, don't let any calves fall behind as we want them to stay in their social groups. Let's get going." She instructed.