Chapter 32: Forever with Me

"Oi, Gojo-sensei, are you listening!?"

Three shadows hung over the sorcerer, who sat crosslegged on a bench. An arm was draped over the back of the bench, while the other was holding a small, worn down velvet box. He rotated it in with his fingers mindlessly as he looked up from the bench to look at his students.

"Sensei, why are you smiling?"

He sighed with a lazy smile, getting up to stretch his long limbs. "Oh, nothing~" he replied, placing the small box into his pocket.

His mind was far away; already thinking ahead into his future with you.

Whereas Yuji and Nobara resumed to talk about where to eat next, Megumi quietly raised an eyebrow at the glimpse of the box before Gojo tucked it away and out of sight from his students.

"Don't my precious students need to go see y/n and Utahime for their next mission?"

Tokyo Jujutsu Tech was busier than ever. After the Sister Exchange-Event, Gojo raised suspicions that there was a traitor amongst the sorcerers. In the last few weeks, you and Utahime were reviewing a strategy to find the mole; it was determined that there were at least two traitors were among the students and/or faculty. You awaited for Gojo's students at the designated meeting location.

When they arrived, you and Utahime decided to make things quick:

"We won't waste time. We believe the mole is Kokichi Muta," the students exchanged grave expressions in response to your cold and uncharacteristically serious demeanor. "The three of you know him by the name Mechamaru, his proxy."

The three first years look at you with shock; Yuji writhed his fists in frustration and spoke with shock in his voice. "H-How?"

"Puppet Manipulation. Its range, thanks to his heavenly restriction, reaches the entire nation of Japan." Utahime replied, leading the students down to location of Mechamaru's known hideout. "Imagine a puppet as small as a fly or mosquito." Yuji nodded, assuming he knew the scope of threat this curse technique possessed.

"Get ready-" you gave Yuji a signal to strike; he prepared a Divergent Fist, punching through the door with a mass amount of curse energy gathered in his fists. You let the students take the lead and rush in. After awhile, you heard nothing- you and Utahime walked through the smoke, revealing the first year students.

The room was empty.

You walk in to examine the area, "So he really is the mole..." Not only were curses against sorcerers, there really were other curse users plotting against the schools.

Kicking an empty chair over you raised your arms in frustration, "Man this sucks."

— Later that day, at your apartment

"It was a total dud, he was gone before we even got there!"

Gojo watched you plop down onto couch and while letting out a groan, earning a mischievous smile from him as he sat next to you. You hung your legs over his lap and over the couch arm, head pressed into a pillow.

As you huffed out frustrated air from your lungs, the sorcerer chuckled. 'Adorable,' he thought, even when you're flustered over work.

"C'mon babe, you can do better than that," he smirked, patting your thighs playfully.

You rolled your eyes at him and sighed again, this time in discontent. "Easier said than done, Mr. 'I'm-the-strongest-sorcerer-"

Gojo swiftly removed his blindfold; his eyes making your breath slightly hitch. He lowered himself to lay by your side, scooping you up in the process.