Chapter 26: What do you want?

Satoru Gojo sat with Nanami at a cafe, hummed contently to the sound of sugar cubes dropping into his iced coffee.

"So you want me to train this Itadori Yuji?" The blonde ex-salary man asked the sorcerer. "And what will you do?"

Gojo smiled and leaned back into his chair, "I dunno, maybe have dinner."

---

You were busy on a lunch break finalizing another report that Yaga requested for you to complete on your own. Working independently was nice, but you missed working with other sorcerers. You walked to Yaga's office to deliver the paperwork and entered to see Gojo and Yaga discussing something. "Sorry to interrupt," you said, placing the report on Yaga's desk, "This is from the last mission."

Yaga flipped through the report then placed it inside his desk drawer, "Thank you y/n."

Gojo looked at you smirking, "Isn't doing paperwork the worst?" You chuckled softly, "I don't think any of us like paperwork." You and Gojo walked outside of Yaga's office. You turned to part ways but felt a hand grab your wrist gently; you turned back to see Gojo smiling.

"I'm having Nanami train Yuji, so you're off the hook today," He said, letting go of your wrist. You placed your hand on your hip, "Oh? I guess I can see why Nanami-kun would be a good match for Yuji-kun."

"Yaga assigned me to a mission and he asked if you could join me." You tilted your head in confusion. "When?"

"Tonight," Gojo replied. "It should be quick one."

---

Quick was an understatement: Yaga assigned the two of you a mission involving cursed grave bandits. You walked on the stone pavement as the curse fled the gravesite; you stopped the curse with your technique, walking over to it casually.

"I'm confused why Yaga wanted me on this mission with you," you replied as you smashed the curse into the ground, "This was too easy." Gojo watched you rip apart another curse, giving you a cheeky grin. You flipped your hair out of your face and huffed, dusting your uniform off.

He waved his hand in the air, "Maybe it was for old times sake?" You rolled your eyes, "I did most of the work..."

"Are you hungry? We should get a bite to eat before we head home," the white haired sorcerer asked, scrolling through his phone, "There's a restaurant nearby."

The two of you walked to the restaurant; it was small, but quaint

The two of you walked to the restaurant; it was small, but quaint. You sat down at a small table across from Gojo. The two of you ordered with the server and waited in silence. You mustered up the courage to initiate the conversation,

"So what's it like, being the head of your clan?" You felt a little embarrassed trying to come up with small talk; Gojo looked at you behind his sunglasses, which he switched to wearing after the mission.