Chapter 42: Shibuya Incident Pt 4

You traced a faint scar on his neck; the product of a near-perfect cursed reversal technique. You saw his adam's apple move as he slowly swallowed from your touch; a hand reached over to grab yours. 

"It's from Fushiguro," he stated, "I didn't quite have the technique down in time."

The two of you sat on the patio on your dorm room. Satoru looked at you lazily through his rounded sunglasses while leaning himself against the wall. You retreated your hand from his neck, placing both arms behind you as you leaned back.

"It's hardly noticeable, 'Toru." You weren't sure if the young sorcerer felt self-conscious about being scarred from a battle. 

"And what about you?" He leaned over to you, pushing you gently down onto the patio. His body hovered over yours; his breath felt cool during this hot summer season. You felt his hand drag across your shirt, lifting up and exposing your torso. His fingers traced your stomach, searching for any sign of injury while his eyes looked at you intently. You blushed while his hands made their way up to your rib cage, stopping right below your chest.

"I-I think I'm okay, 'Toru..."  you said nervously, shifting your body slightly under his. He chuckled at you and lowered your shirt, raising himself off and away from you. You were alive because he had saved you from the Sorcerer Killer a few weeks ago. He puffed up his chest proudly, grinning widely, "All thanks to me!"

---

Maybe Satoru was right; maybe you did attract the worst guys.

"It can't be..." your mind started to spin again, this time from seeing the deceased Sorcerer Killer in the flesh and standing before you. Your past was colliding with the present in such a visceral way; you tried to keep composure by grabbing Megumi's shoulder. "Megumi, you need to run. I need to take care of him-"

"You're not going anywhere-" Toji flashes between the two of you in the blink of an eye. You weren't quick enough and pushed Megumi out of harms way - giving the older Fushiguro an opening to grip you by the throat. His other hand reached up to grab your waist, tearing your uniform from the center. The chunk of fabric missing left your torso partially exposed; leaving you feel somewhat exposed. 

"This seems familiar," the man chuckled at you, his other hand traveling over the skin where he shoved a blade into your side years ago. "Have we met before?"

Y/n!" Megumi shouted. This time around, you use your curse energy to forcibly pry Toji's hand open, letting yourself out of his grasp to propel yourself away from the man. 

"Megumi, you need to get out of here!" You yelled at your student again, this time with desperation sinking into the tone of your voice. Toji looks up at you, walking closer; his focus shifts from you to Megumi and he pauses after hearing the young sorcerer's name.

"What is your name?" Toji asks the the young sorcerer. You realized that neither of them knew who each other was; there were times Satoru had tried to bring up Toji up to Megumi - but each time Megumi refused to acknowledge anything about his father. 

The boy stands up proudly, "It's Megumi Fushiguro."

The reanimated man pauses again, a smile forming on his face. "I see," he said, drawing out a sword. He switches his hold of the hilt to face the sword towards his head, plunging it to the side of his cranium, "Good for you." 

You and Megumi watch in shock as the man crumbled to the floor, seemingly dead. You walk over to the body, seeing the face distort and dissolve into another person's face. You look closely before looking back at Megumi.