Chapter 24: Meet the first years

After spending a long afternoon shopping with Shoko, she handed you a set of keys to an apartment close to the school. She laughed at you when you told her you assumed you'd be staying in the dorm rooms again; she reminded you that the dorms were only for students. You arrived at your apartment; it was decently sized and definitely bigger than your dorm room as a student. It had a modern feel to it, with wooden floors and a large kitchen, living room, bathroom, and bedroom. After settling in, you plopped down on your large bed and slept like a rock.

When you woke up the next morning, you rolled over and reached for your phone on your bed; the time 10:00AM shown on the screen

When you woke up the next morning, you rolled over and reached for your phone on your bed; the time 10:00AM shown on the screen. You inhaled and sighed;  it was rather late for you to be getting up at this hour, but you made gave yourself graces since you had a long day of travel yesterday. You got up and showered, completing a basic morning routine. Your stomach rumbled making you aware of your hungry; you instinctively walked to the kitchen to opened the fridge. 

Empty.

You palmed your forehead; how could you forget it was empty since you were the one to fill it?  You thought about the convenient store you saw on your way to the apartment yesterday decided to go with it's comfort food. You put on some casual clothes and slipped into your sneakers. You walked over to the convenient store; as you got closer you overheard voices around the corner.

 You walked over to the convenient store; as you got closer you overheard voices around the corner

"BUT HAVE YOU EVEN HAD KAITEN SUSHI? IT'S AMAZING-" a voice yelled. You turned the corner to see a pink haired boy shouting at girl with short brown hair, both wearing jujutsu uniforms.

"BUT WE HAD SUSHI LAST TIME ITADORI'" the girl yelled, raising her firsts at him. You walked passed them about to go into the convenient store until you did a double take; you saw another boy beside them, looking on with a familiar disgruntled expression on his face. 

"BUT IT WASN'T KAITEN SUSHI NOBARA!" You walked to the boy called Itadori, giving a cheery grin. "Excuse me, are you three sorcerers?" 

The three looked at you surprised as if they'd been caught. "UHHHH NO. I MEAN YES, I MEAN-" The pink haired boy stuttered, clearly not knowing what to say or do. The girl looked equally worried about what to say. The black haired boy walked in front, looking at you with a confused expression. "Do you need something miss?"

You smiled softly at the boy, "Megumi-kun, it's been so long!" You run to give him a warm embrace wrapping your arms around his neck, "You've grown up so much!"

His eyes widened "Y-y/n nee-san?!"  He blushed as red as a tomato, arms gingerly crossing over your body to return the hug. His two friends looked at the two of you, clearly unable to comprehend your display of affection towards him.

"MEGUMI YOU KNOW THIS WOMAN!?" You let go of Megumi and flashed the pink-haired boy a grin, "We go way back! I met Megumi when he was a kid!" You ruffled Megumi's hair endearingly; he blushed even more,

"I used to call him my little sea-urchin, get it? You know, because of the hair!"

"SEA-URCHIN!?!?" Megumi's two friends burst out laughing.  You sweatdropped and laughed sheepishly as Megumi bonked them both on the head. You quietly apologized to Megumi for embarrassing him in front of his friends.

You composed yourself and gestured a short bow, "My name is y/n. It is nice to meet the first year students." You raised your head up, "I'm sure you are all incredible sorcerers already."

"Well, I kinda just got started," The pink haired boy rubbed the back of his head. "My name is Yuuji Itadori."

Your eyes narrowed slightly, 'Sukuna's vessel... He looks familiar.' you nodded, "I'm sure you're stronger than you think, Yuji-kun! Its nice to meet you." The boy blushed, rubbing the back of his head nervously.

"I'm Nobara Kugisaki, it's nice to meet you," the girl smiled. "I'm glad Megumi has friends like you two!" you clapped your hands in approval. Yuuji and Nobara looked at Megumi, giving him a devilish grin, "You could say we're his only friends."

You chuckled at the trios banter, "I'll have to talk to you later, I need to meet with Yaga." You grabbed a quick bite to eat before walking over to the school. 

As soon as you disappeared around the corner the students continued to walk onto their next mission. Megumi sighed, walking with his hands in his pocket, "I almost didn't recognize her; her cursed energy is so powerful now."

Yuji looked at Megumi confused, "Wait, I thought Gojo was the strongest?" 

Megumi glanced at his friends as if he was stating a matter of fact;

"Gojo and y/n both are: They are the strongest Jujutsu sorcerers."

Yuuji looked dumbfounded as Nobara looked at Megumi with starry eyes. "YES! Another badass female." 

"So they know each other?" Yuji asked. Megumi looked away and blushed.

"Actually, they were lovers."

Megumi's friends looked like they just had a stroke. Megumi sweat dropped and continued to look away.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE-"

"GOJO HAD A GIRLFRIEND?!?!"

Megumi sighed; he knew it was going to be a long day.