14

It had been three days.

I hadn't spoken to Dallas, I was still pissed at him, and Ellie was actively ignoring me.

I'd rung her multiple times and received voicemail each occasion.

She didn't even show up at work. Milos informed me that she'd switched her shifts with Cara.

I didn't understand why Ellie was so mad at me. Sure, telling Dallas about her feelings wasn't the best idea on my part, but it wasn't something worth ignoring me over.

Settling on giving her space until she wanted to talk to me, I remembered that we were supposed to go to Ace's match.

I asked Veronica to ask Ellie if she still wanted to go with me. Veronica informed me that Ellie refused to leave her room.

I offered her the ticket instead, but she had to work at the time of the match.

Instead of letting the tickets go to waste, I decided I'd go to the match with Carter. That way we could bridge over the awkward tension between us and Ace would take a hint and understand that I was in a committed relationship.

Two birds, one stone.

* * *

I paced around, Carter was an hour late. The match was going to start at any moment.

I rang his cell, for the fourth time, no response.

"Carter, where are you? Are you okay?" I left in his voicemail.

There was no point in trying to leave. Being front row, I'd have to get past a mass of people. Not to mention, ditching my seat would cause a stampede of girls eager to take it.

I'll deal with Carter after the match.

Moments later, I watched Ace climb onto the ring. This time he was shirtless.

Immediately, he caught my eyes.

Hi, he mouthed.

Screams shouted behind and beside me but I knew the greeting was aimed at me.

Rolling my eyes, I offered him a smile.

Just like every other match before, Ace had his opponent down in minutes. I didn't get why people paid so much to watch the matches knowing what the outcome would be.

I watched him stroll off the ring and disappear from the view of the audience.

Since I was in the front row it would be a while before the arena cleared. I decided to stay seated until more people left.

My phone started to ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey, babe." It was Carter. "Sorry, I won't be able to make it to your match tonight."

Is he kidding? "The match ended minutes ago." I retorted.

"Oh."

"Yeah." I hung up on him before I started yelling.

The arena was practically empty now, so I stood up to leave.

"So, where's your plus one?"

I turned to find Ace back on the ring.

He stepped down, approaching me, sweat glistening against his body under the arena lighting.

I focused my gaze on his face, shrugging. "They bailed."

"Was it this mysterious boyfriend of yours?"

I pursed my lips not wanting to admit it.

His mouth curled into a small smile. "Trouble in paradise?"