11

Ellie screamed when I got into the car. 

She milked me for all the details. 

When I was done speaking she began talking about planning my wedding, my future kids' names, and my married life. I was starting to get a little concerned. She briefly mentioned again how sad she was that she didn't have any guys falling for her. 

I felt bad for her, she was so perfect, any guy would be lucky to have her.

To cheer her up, I flashed her the two tickets Ace had given me. They were front row too! I tucked them into the dash of my car for safe-keeping.

I barely saw Dallas these days due to the way our schedules worked out. I'd be out the apartment early in the morning and he'd be leaving at night before I got back. No complaints, I didn't particularly enjoy his company. 

Our apartment was still a mess, I'd picked up a couple of things here and there but couldn't wait to actually dive in and do some deep cleaning. Dallas had at least listened and bought groceries for the two of us, we split the cost.

Still not exactly friends, I only prepared meals for myself. But I knew Dallas was eating some of the stuff too. I even found my leftovers occasionally missing. I decided to be less overbearing and to give him the space to be the guy he was. As long as he didn't trouble me, I wouldn't trouble him.

Overall, things were looking up, and if I barely saw Dallas, I had no problem living in the same apartment as him.

Saturdays as I noted, he was usually at home by nine, which was the time right now. So I decided I'd try to help Ellie out, without letting her know.

"Could you ask Ellie out on a date?" I asked Dallas who was sat in front of the television, playing on his PlayStation when I stepped into the apartment.

"Who?" He asked, not looking away from his game.

I took a seat on the couch behind him. "My best friend."

"Oh, the hot brunette?" Gah. "Why would I take her out?"

"Because I'm asking you to."

"And what? We're suddenly best friends and I'm willing to do favours for you?" Dallas scoffed.

"Don't be so obnoxious." I snapped, chucking a pillow at the back of his head. "You'd be lucky to get someone half as special as her."

He shrugged, unfazed by the pillow I'd thrown. "I'm not interested in your charity work."

This guy.

I grabbed a second pillow and stood up. Without warning, I smacked Dallas's head with as much force as I could muster.

"What the hell, Cherry?" He fumed, still extremely focused on his game.

"You know exactly what." I folded my arms sitting back down. "Now, please, just agree. Ellie's like so in love with you, it would make her whole week if you asked her out. I can't stand seeing her so sad and lonely all the time."

Dallas said nothing, his fingers gliding with agility across the controller.

Annoyed by his lack of response, and perhaps fuelled by my interaction with Ace, I reached for the television remote and pressed the power. 

I braced myself for Dallas to yell at me.

Instead, he stood up and slowly approached me. His face was blank of any emotion.

"I have a boyfriend." I spat out the reminder, to keep him away from me.

"Yeah, yeah." Dallas rolled his eyes. "You keep saying that. It's like your only personality trait."