Epilogue

10 years later

Gwyn and Azriel sat in the grass, enjoying the spring sun.

  Their three year- old daughters, Catrin and Katrina, were playing in the grasses with their Grandfather. Gwyn giggled as they placed flower crowns atop his golden head.

  Tamlin was, of course, eating it all up. He loved getting spoiled by their attention.

  The girls loved their grandfather, and were always overjoyed to visit him at the Spring Court, which was a lot.

  Azriel smiled at the girls, his heart beaming in the evening sun. He traced his hand over Gwyn's growing belly.

 "You think the next one will be as much trouble?" Azriel teased, pulling her against his chest. Gwyn only leaned her back into him, her head at his shoulder.

  "I think it will be a boy, and he will be very mischievous...just like his father."

 "I think the girls already have that trait," he smiled down at her.

 "Well, they have that and your wings..so..."

 "Their wings are perfect...they are perfect," Azriel breathed out, observing the little girls. He would never stop being so amazed by them. Catrin was the spinning image of Gwyn, with red hair and teal eyes. While, Katrina shared his hazel eyes.

  But their wings...

  His chest ached in pride.

 "You know, I will have to start training them.."

 "Oh oh.." she teased.

  Azriel smiled in her hair. " I will be gentle with them... no throwing them off cliffs like Nyx."

  Gwyn bursted out in laughter. "You are insufferable."

  Azriel's finger traced down her cheek, tilting her chin so that he could kiss her.

  The world paused for them.

  Just like it always did when they kissed.

  Then the girls were squealing with laughter, jogging through the flowers, both holding onto Tamlin's hands.

 "Can we stay wit gwampa?" Catrin asked.

 "Pwease? Sweepover? Katrina aided in the mischief.

  Gwyn chuckled at them. "Only if you can leave early for tomorrow. Do not forget, it is your cousins birthday."

 Tamlin nodded. "Do you two want to stay as well? I can have the same set up in the left wing?"

  Azriel bursted out laughing. "We will take the room in the right wing."

  Gwyn shoved him playfully. "Okay, you two can stay. But, no pranks on grandpa. He is too old for that."

  Tamlin only shook his head, smiling. "Do you think Nesta would care if I brought a plus one?"

  Gwyn raised a brow. "Oh?"

 Tamlin lowered his head. "I...I think I found her. My mate."

 "Oh my! That is wonderful news!" Gwyn sprung to her feet to hug him. "Yes, bring them. Please!"

 "I also think Lucien is planning on taking Elain...as a date."

  It was about time Azriel thought. Elain had been so busy ever since she attended the seerer academy in Dawn Court. Azriel also knew that Lucien had just parted ways with Vassa and Julian...their separation was a mystery to everyone.

 "Even more interesting..." Gwyn was smiling. "Yes, bring them all! Cassian loves a party, and his son is exactly the same."

 "Thank you Gwyneth," he pulled away. "I will go get the girls ready for bed."

 "Don't wait up for us," she nodded once more to the girls, and then they were off. Jogging and singing down to the estate.

 "I wonder what we're going to be doing in right wing?" Azriel pulled her to him, his nose trailing down her neck.

 "I was thinking that we should go try out that starlit pool..."

 "Hm..." he kissed her neck. "I like pregnant, Gwyn.."

  She shoved him again teasingly. "I know you do."

  They both smiled, heading towards the stream on that beautiful night. Azriel was once again reminded of the night they conceived the girls. It had been as magical in their bedroom, of the house that Azriel had built for her in Night Court.

  Gwyn was ecstatic that evening, she had just opened up the academy for survivors; training young girls to be warriors.

  She was so full of love that day...so open to children.

  He remembered the night she had given birth, and how much he paced when she screamed. Azriel thought it would be a complicated birth due to their being two sets of wings.

  But, Gwyn was incredible.

  A beauty of incredible strength.

  It was a healthy birth, each daughter breathing soundly.

  He remembered how they had cried into each other's arms that night, while holding their babies.

  He remembered never wanting to let his family go.

  He remembered the love he felt for Gwyn that day...and every day after that.

  And when they finally entered the pool, gazing up at sky, Gwyn only held him tighter.

  Then she turned to face him, her smile brighter than anything in the universe.

 "We made it."