Sacrifice

Azriel's eyes snapped open just as Tamlin was stabbed through the heart. His feet made quick work as he killed that last suriel...but it was too late.

 "Tamlin!" Gwyn cried out, crawling towards her dead father.

 "Please!" she whimpered, sobbing into his fur.

 "I will make it better.....I will bring you some oranges," she sobbed.

 "Please just open your eyes! You will miss the sunset, Father."

  He did not open his eyes.

  Azriel bowed his head, laying a gentle hand on Gwyn's shoulder.

  Giving her his strength.

 "Please , Father. You will miss our sunsets," her tears were slipping onto his fur.

  But, Azriel knew that Tamlin could never survive after a wound like that.

  So, he gave her every bit of comfort. He lowered to his knees, wrapping his arms around his mate as she cried.

  His heart was breaking at the sight of it.

  Then he heard her sing softly, a melody of her youth.

  Their friends and family all stood around then, bowing their heads in respect...for his sacrifice.

  But, Gwyn just kept singing, her voice awakening everything around them.

  The trees and animals that had been dead for months were slowly becoming aware.

  Her voice, her song, her melody was making her glow.

  Azriel placed a hand on hers.

  And began to sing with her.

  Their voices in complete harmony.

  Their song, an utter symphony.

  His shadows were dancing around her glowing power.

  And when they reached the climax of the song, his heart was burning with so much love. They pressed their hands into Tamlin's fur, their powers mingling.

  Their song, giving them power.

  And then, there was a burst of light, blinding everyone in the process.

  When Azriel could finally see, he believed his eyes were deceiving him.

  Because Tamlin was no longer on the ground.

  He stood straight, as a fully, healthy, male.

*****

  The group all gathered in the estate, each person frantically cleaning their wounds.

  Lucien was shyly cleaning Elain's blood from her shoulders.

  Cassian and Nesta was passionately embracing, again not caring that they were in public. Azriel almost snorted, thinking about that time at the dining room table.

  Feyre and Rhys were whispering to each other lovingly.

  But, Tamlin was too busy glancing at his stretched out hands, and touching his skin. Gwyn was beside him the entire time, guiding him as he walked through the house.

  She did not let go of him in fear that he would fall.

  Azriel's heart warmed. He could never stop loving her.

  Gwyn's compassion was incomparable.

  Her love for others...even more unattainable. 

 "Thank you, for saving us," she whispered to Tamlin.

  He smiled, holding her close.

  Just as the sentiments were extreme, Emerie and Mor trotted towards them, hand in hand, their status as lovers confirmed.

 "I heard our Gwyny has a mate now, " Emerie smiled at his mate.

  Gwyn's cheeks plastered in red patches. "I was ready to tell you everything."

  Emerie chuckled, "How about we schedule another sleepover another time, and we can share our stories."

  Gwyn beamed at her friend. "I would love nothing more."

  Then she turned to Azriel and Tamlin.

 "I need to do something first...Something I have been delaying for too long."