Heaven

That morning, when Azriel woke and found his mate sleeping in his arms, he thought he was in the heavens for a moment.

  The sun slithered through the gaping white drapes, causing streaks to caress her copper head. Azriel placed his hands behind his neck and just watched her.

  Counted every breath she took...

  That was ridiculous...he was being so ridiculous.

  He rose from the bed and made his way to the bathing room, cleaning his teeth and skin.

  Then he tried to do anything else...anything to distract himself so he would not just sit and stare at her.

  But the moment he heard her rustling about, he was moving fast to the bed.

  Gwyn had turned on her stomach, one of her hands reached under the pillow...and then she hiked up her leg, showcasing her backside.

  Azriel had to bite his lip as he laid back into the mattress with her.

 "Hm, it was cold without you.." she mumbled with her eyes closed.

 "I guess we are going to just have to warm you up then," Azriel held her waist and slid her body up to his chest.

  Until all her entire weight was on him.

  She hummed at the feel of his bare chest and snuggled deep into his skin.

 "Can you tell Rhysand that we will be late.." her hands wrapped around his middle.

 "Hm, tired, Priestess?"

 "Yes and it is all your fault," she smiled in his chest.

 "If I recall, wasn't it you that begged for that second loop around the city?"

  This made her head snap up and eyes to open finally.

  She licked her lips, "It is not my fault that I am weak to the sight of those wings."

  Azriel's blood thumped as he remembered it all. The way she laughed in the wind...the way she watched his wings moves.

  The way how she perfectly fit into his hands, making his flight extraordinary.

  It all felt like a dream.

  And when he took her to that mountain top...the place where he would go when he was suffering his inner demons...alone...always alone.

  It was the one place where he wished he could one day bring his mate.

 Now, he held her on top of him, feeling every curve of her body...and he almost could not believe it.

 "And it is not my fault that I do everything you ask," he rubbed his nose to her throat.

  She raised a brow, and gently placed her head back to where it was...where it belonged.

  Rhysand, can we come later?

  Busy, Az?

  Azriel looked down at his exhausted mate.

  You could say that.

  Yeah you were definitely busy last night, flying for all hours. So get your ass here...I will give you ten extra minutes to sleep in.

  Azriel burst out laughing at that.

 "Rhysand is giving us ten extra minutes," Azriel ran his fingers through her hair. He was rewarded with her gentle moans.