Back to Business

Gwyn pulled on her black training trousers, watching her movements carefully in the mirror.

  She was tying the material low on her waist, securing it properly.

  Her top half was still covered in one of her night gowns, so she lifted the lace up and over her head.

  Leaving her standing just in her pants.

  Gwyn turned to scavenge through the closet, trying to find the best gear to wear for today. 

  As she pivoted back to her spot at the mirror, Gwyn clashed into Azriel.

  He was also not wearing a shirt...

  And their skin touched so wonderfully.

 "Hi," he gave her a shy smile as his hands ran up her sides.

 "Hi," she leaned up to give him a kiss.

  Azriel had to leave earlier for an emergency mission and Gwyn was concerned when he came back covered in blood.

  He raced to the bath right away, trying to hide the evidence of the past brutality from Gwyn.

  Now, he was standing in his towel.

  Water glistening down his chest and torso...

  Gwyn turned and faced the mirror, trying to unlace her top before placing it over her head.

  But Azriel just stood behind her, gazing at her through the reflection.

 "Are you going to tell me about the blood, Shadowsinger?"

  He moved forward, pressing hard against her back.

 "Maybe...another time," he caressed her hair to her shoulder, baring her neck.

 "When you are not naked," he kissed her jaw.

 "You are trying to sweet talk your way out of this one?" she raised a brow.

 "I can do much more than talk.." then he was cupping her neck and moving her lips to his.

  He was guiding her through the kiss, adding slight pressure on her throat.

  His hands moved down, groping her breasts roughly.

  Gwyn gasped at the roughness, but leaned back into the touch.

  When she parted from the kiss, she turned back to their reflection and kept a heated eye at his hands.

  He cupped her so wickedly, "I love holding them in my hands."

  Gwyn was hypnotized from it all...his voice...his touch...

 "We are going to be late...put those hands to work and help me into my gear."

*****

  Rhysand had called for a council meeting with some of the other High Lords.

  Gwyn was almost starstruck by the entire situation.

  She had always heard legends and tales of each lord...but seeing them in the flesh was a form of wonderment. 

  She felt out of place...she was a nobody...

  But Gwyn did not have time to self doubt because there was so much activity swarming around her.

  She and Azriel had arrived just on time, many of the guests were waiting outside in the living area. Members of the inner circle were amongst the crowd, each speaking to a different person.