I Lost My Damn Mind

Azriel had lost his damn mind.

Her earsplitting screams-

He could not breathe.

He had carried her unconscious body through the woods as fast as he could.

There were too many nightmare suriel's, and he knew that he could not fight them all.

They too had revealed his own traumas to him...

But he had to fight through it, for her...

Anything for her.

He looked down at the priestess as he flew through the darkness.

Her lips had turned blue, from the shock...from the pain.

There was a fresh cut on her throat, one she had bestowed on herself in that moment.

Azriel wanted to scream at something.

He wanted to shatter an entire court...an entire continent.

He could not imagine that if he were late one second more...she would have cut deeper.

That only made him fly faster, damn the wind itself.

He reached the house in moments, shoving through the doors in a fury. There were already several servants there, as if they to heard her screams.

"I need help! Please! Some water and bandages," Azriel cried out. He was already moving her to her room and laid her gently down the mattress.

There was so much blood...just like that last time.

But he was not worried about the external wounds this time... this time, he worried about her mental wounds.

The servants rushed in and helped clean her wound. They placed water and food for her on the bedside table.

He had knelt at her bed until his knees gave out.

He knelt for her...for hours...for days.

Azriel no longer could count time because the only thing that mattered, were her steady breaths.

He did not know what to do.

The Shadowsinger excused himself for a few moments as he went to destroy something.

Maybe Gwyn would not want to see him when she woke up? Maybe he was always going to be a constant reminder.

He held a shaking hand over his mouth, trying to hold in his sobs.

His shadows had also silenced...They no longer danced around him.

Azriel made his way back to Gwyn's room just a servant was just leaving.

"She does not want to see anyone at the moment," the servant whispered to Azriel.

Azriel's legs almost gave out.

"Is...is she okay?" his voice shook.

The servant looked down at her fingers, "I would not be able to give you that answer."

So, Azriel waited with bated breath at her door for days. She did not make a sound, not even a rustle.

She did not eat.

She did not drink.

He was worried that she would harm herself.

On the third day, Azriel could not take it anymore, and unlocked her door.