Chapter 37 - Well, that's awkward

Magsimula sa umpisa

"It's okay.", Rory lied and looked at the clock, wondering if really just two minutes had passed since she stepped into the room. Meanwhile Jongho and Yeosang shared a worried look, both knowing exactly she was lying.

Rory was glad when Yeonjun sat down next to her, having at least one person next to her who knew her. This thought hurt Rory and she was sure she couldn't hide her feelings so she looked down and listened to the boys' conversation. 

Once again Yunho couldn't look away from Rory. For some reason he knew how to read her face  and she avoided him, which confused Yunho even more. He didn't know Rory that well, right?

"But why did you wake up under a pile of chicken?", Yeonjun asked Yeosang amused, causing even Rory to smile. 

"I have no idea!" Yeosang laughed and held his stomach. "God, I wish I would have been awake then. That must've been a sight." 

"I've seen pictures of it in the news. There was so much chicken the whole village didn't have to starve.", Yeonjun said. Then his eyes fell onto Yunho who had been watching him with a dark look on his face. Confused Yeonjun stood up, obviously feeling uncomfortable. "Do you need anything from the cafeteria?" 

Several boys ordered something and Rory wanted to jump up and help Yeonjun but San already went with him. Confused Rory sat down again, fiddling with her fingers, feeling insecure now that she was completely alone with them. 

All of a sudden the room got silent and the boys exchanged looks with each other. Then Hongjoong spoke up and tried to sound as soft as possible. "We saw you on the news yesterday." 

Embarrassed Rory buried her face in her hands, making the boys smile. 

"I think you were really brave.", Wooyoung said, not wanting her to feel bad. The others agreed slowly making Rory look up again. 

"I behaved like the biggest fool.", she whispered. "One would think I'm over the accident but the moment someone asks me I- I feel like I'm back on the ferry." 

"How even were you able to handle all this shit?", Jongho asked and put a hand over Seongha's mouth who was already opening his mouth to scold him.

"I wasn't." Rory looked around and saw the worried looks of the boys. They had helped her cope with her pain and didn't even know it. "But then I met- someone who still had hope, something to fight for and it made me realize I should live. For those who can't." 

Even though she knew they weren't that close anymore, Rory trusted them still. So she wasn't scared of rejection and when she looked up she saw them nodding. Only Wooyoung looked at her with a grin and raised an eyebrow. 

"So you met someone, huh?", he asked and Rory had to hold back a laugh. How was she going to explain it had been them? "Did you fall in love?" 

"I did.", Rory replied with a sad smile but avoided looking into Yunho's direction. "But he doesn't feel the same anymore." 

Yunho knew he shouldn't feel good about this fact but he did. It made him feel guilty. He should wish Rory the best but something in his chest didn't like it. 

"Wait.", Mingi said confused. "Does that mean you're not Yeonjun's girlfriend?" 

Rory let out a snort and tried to hide her laugh but eventually her laughter filled the room. The boys looked at her, surprised to see her this happy. Yunho hated to admit it, but that sound made it hard to keep a serious face. 

"Yeonjun? We're friends and that's it. He's not my type." 

"Ahh the friendzone.", Yeosang said, his voice full of sarcasm. "That must hurt."