Chapter 36 - Way Home?

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I-I already told you everything I know.", she said and one could hear she was trying to sound steady but her voice cracked. 

"What about your friends?", the first reporter asked again. "How did they sur-" 

Before the reporter could finish a boy exited the gate as well, his blue hair visible from afar. As soon as he saw Rory getting pushed by the cameras he stepped to the front. 

"Yeonjun?", Wooyoung asked surprised, recognizing the boy. Indeed, Yeonjun pulled Rory behind him, shielding her from the questions and thanks to his tall body size he seemed more intimidating. The moment he looked into the camera one could see the anger in his eyes. 

"What do you think you're doing here?", he asked, dangerously calm. The reporters got silent and one could only hear the sound of clicking cameras. Even the boys held their breath. "This is a school ground and you're not allowed to be here." 

The reporters didn't move. Yeonjun glanced back to Rory and one could see her eyes were filled with tears. Without waiting for a reaction he pulled Rory away from the crowd, the reporters following them. He went towards a car. A bit harsher than wanted Yeonjun pushed Rory on the backseat before sitting down on the driver seat. 

A woman turned to the camera, obviously embarrassed by the situation. She faked a smile. "As you can see the poor girl is still traumatized and can't even talk about it. She's so emotionally unstable, her boyfriend had to save her. Of course we will still try to find out more about the accident." 

The camera was turned off and another reporter continued with the weather. Not wanting to hear about it Hongjoong turned of the TV and looked at the group in shock. Now everyone was glad police officers were securing the hospital so no reporters were coming to them. "Thankfully Yeonjun saved her from these bastards." 

Yeosang nodded, feeling bad about the way he had treated Rory just yesterday. The tired look on her face and her red eyes made it obvious that she had cried. "We have security but who takes care of her? Who is protecting her?" 

"No one deserves to be treated like that.", Wooyoung added, shivering in disgust. "Don't you think we should get in contact with her?" 

"Why?", Seonghwa asked, even though he had thought the same. Maybe Rory could help him with the grief he felt because of Danbi's death. Seonghwa still couldn't believe it. He remembered the way she had smiled at him when he gave her the bracelet but now he would never see her again? 

"She went through a lot and lost so many people.", Jongho explained, agreeing to Wooyoung's idea. "After all, she's still sort of a friend of ours, right?"

San nodded. "Rory was alone with her grief but now we can help each other." 

"Guys?", Mingi asked, causing the boys to turn to him, awkwardly playing with his fingers. "Did you have the same feeling when you saw Rory? I don't know how to describe it, but I felt weird." 

The boys nodded and continued talking about Rory and this weird feeling they had, as if they had a connection to her. Only Yunho didn't say anything, his heart still beating faster than usual. 

"Are you okay?", Yeonjun asked as soon as they turned around a corner, leaving the reporters behind. "I didn't mean to hurt you." 

Rory held her hand in pain but still shook her head. "I'm fine. Thank you for saving me." 

"They had no right to do this to you.", he replied, holding the steering wheel tighter, scared he might let his anger do something dangerous. Rory noticed something, trying to distract her from the fear in her body.