Ivanna whispers something. And I ask, "What?"

She looks at me sadly, her sea-green eyes rimmed with red. "They didn't tell you because they didn't want to hurt you. Or lose you."

I wanted to snort and retort something snarky but all I could do was close my eyes to keep the tears out and say, "Yet, here I am. All hurt and far away from them. It's funny, isn't it?"

"Are you really not going to go back?" She asked already knowing the answer.

I sigh and nod. "Yeah. I'm not going back there."

Her eyes go down and she starts to fidget. "I never meant to separate from your family. And I really am sorry about you almost dying."

My eyes water and I rub my knuckle slowly across my face to make sure that there were no stray tears running. The movement makes me wince. "Ah, who cares?" I try to grin.

She grimaces as she notices every time I wince. 

I lay back, trying to relax for the pain to subside and ask with my eyes still closed. "Why did you tell me the truth?"

I don't get an answer so I open my right eye a bit to see what Ivanna was doing. She looked afraid and I decide to be nosy. "Ivanna?" I ask.

She sighs loudly. "It's a long story."

I chuckle and snort. I gesture to my bruises and burns. "Well, looks like I am not going to be able to go anywhere for a while. So, tell me. And also, how did you even heal me?"

Ivanna brings her palm towards me and a light glow starts to form until it resembled a white, miniature sun. I flinch at the magic and say, "I should've known. Magic. I'm dumb." She grins in response.

I look around me. The sun had risen halfway up and the roads were empty so far which was unsurprising as there was a more convenient and easier route that led to a very homey town called 'New Malia'.  This town was the closest one to my school, Lakewood International. I was on my way when I decided that crashing my car was something that I had to do. I sigh at my state. I then look up at Ivanna who seemed to be intently observing everything I did. I furrow my eyebrows, "Why are you looking at me like that?"

She doesn't answer and just as I was about to repeat my question, she says, "Because I was told that you're the only one who can save us."

~~