29

I walked to the portal and told a fellow guard to reveal my location to Nyx. He nodded and left to find her. I then entered the portal to see no one. Gello and Taemin were waiting for me to provide an explanation as to where everyone was. I shrugged and said I thought I was supposed to come here since Zena requested me. They said that Zena and Kikimora went through the portal and never came back. I asked where they went, so Gello revealed she overheard them speaking about the human realm. I groaned and told them I'd bring the two idiots back.

"Kennedy." I turned and caught the pocket portal Taemin tossed me. I nodded and turned around.

I exited the training realm for the human realm. I then tracked down their amplified auras to Pennsylvania. I shrugged and descended outside the building their auras were emitting from. I noticed it was formal attire so I used a quick spell Hailey taught me to change my clothes. I then walked inside to see the high class guests. What were those two doing here?

I listened until I picked up Zena's sweet voice. I walked in the direction to see Kikimora and Zena speaking to a pretty brunette. She didn't scream sex appeal, but her beauty was overpowering. She was absolutely gorgeous and her aura made her even more beautiful. She had such a light, pure aura surrounding her. I perked up at Zena's question.

"You call her Kiki too?" The girl was shocked, but nodded at Zena.

"Ya." The girl's aura got sad. Something tells me she likes Kikimora and believes that Zena and the devil are together. "I didn't realize other people used that nickname- Umm... I should probably get going-"

Zena was oblivious to the change in her mood while Kikimora appeared a little happy. Is this the human girl my mother was telling me about? If so, I assume Kikimora was trying to make her jealous. I rolled my eyes at her childish games and interrupted them since people were waiting for us and time worked differently in the various realms. Knowing our luck, it'd be a few days since we left in the light realm even though I've only been here for 5 minutes.

"Seriously?!" I made my presence known. "You really took her here?" I glared at Kikimora. She knew Zena and I were supposed to be training, yet she stole her! "We were supposed to be together and you just-"

"Sorry." The cute girl caught our attention. "I didn't mean to intrude on your relationships or..." She awkwardly looked away. Wait! She thinks Kikimora is cheating on me with Zena! Oh hell no! Kikimora and I would and will never happen! Not in a bazillion years! Absolutely not! "It seems like you should have privacy to explain things to your girlfriends." I could see the tears in her eyes.

"Addy, wait." Kikimora called out for her, but the girl quickly left us. "Now, look at what you did." Kikimora glared at me. "She thinks I'm a player!"

"Well, you were trying to pose me as your girlfriend." Zena shrugged. So my hunch was correct!

"And now I appear like an innocent girl you screwed over." I chuckled at Kikimora's angry face. "Let's go."

I grabbed Kikimora's hand and dragged her out of the party. Zena followed behind us and began stating that Addison (the cute girl that Kikimora hurt) appeared very sad. I told her I picked up on her aura and she was indeed sullen. Kikimora glared at me the entire time I dragged her to an open field. I used the pocket portal to teleport us back to the realm.

Kikimora was still upset, but composed herself when we approached the trainers. I was surprised how unbothered she appeared. Ajax and I knew better since we could feel her aura. Ajax and I briefly glanced at each other, but I shrugged. I wasn't gonna out Kikimora's crush in front of Gello.

"You three will fuse and then fight these two." Gello gestured to Ajax and Taemin. "Fight well." She commanded and stood away.

We looked at each other and fused. We intently stared at Taemin and Ajax. We were really working as a team. It was amazing to watch how in sync we were. No one was trying to compete against the other. In fact, we were operating like a unit. Zena had used her abilities to fling Ajax across the room. Gello kept yelling at us to work harder.