2

I was currently sparring against my girlfriend. We went through some hand to hand moves and were now focusing on weapons training. We were each armed with two sticks and began striking the other. She was so light on her feet that it was impossible to land a hit. On the other hand, Nyx enjoyed maneuvering behind me and using her stick to smack my ass.

"Good." She used one of her sticks to knock mine away from me.

"But not good enough." I swung at her, but she ducked underneath and bit my ass. "Nyx!"

"I was about to say the same thing." We turned to see Ajax descending down the stairs, with Roman in tow.

"Sorry brother. But it's hard to resist when she's so damn tempting." Nyx pulled me in to plant a kiss to my lips.

"Consider your resistance training to promptly begin." Nyx rolled her eyes at Ajax's comment. "I came to request both of your presences, but I must make a demand. Nyx, up her training. She needs to discover her abilities."

"But I'm doing well. I also fought against my aunt and kicked her ass."

I was confused why Ajax wanted the sessions to be more rigorous. Just because Nyx and I were dating, doesn't mean she wasn't putting me through the rigor. I was exhausted after every session with her. She loved to push my limits, both physically and mentally.

"Have you been able to reproduce the same amount of power you had when battling Lilitu?" I looked down because he was right. For some reason, I couldn't even produce a quarter of the power I had that day. "That's because you were channeling Nyx's power. She gave her life force to you so that you could battle the dark queen. Don't think for a second you're ready for a rematch." Ajax turned on his heel to walk away.

I looked to see a guilty expression on Nyx's face. She really allowed for me to believe that I had the ability to battle my aunt. I can't believe I had drawn on Nyx's life force and that's why I was able to challenge my aunt. Was I even strong enough to fight her when the time comes?

"Listen-"

"No! You listen!" I poked her chest. "You let me believe I was strong enough to battle my aunt! That I had the upper hand when I fought her! I was using your energy! I was like in the back seat and you were the autopilot." I sighed out.

"I don't understand the last reference, but I only did it to build up your confidence. Because we're mates and connected, I can gift my abilities to you and vice versa. Even though I was dying, I wanted to make sure you survived, so I gave you all my abilities." She sighed when viewing my pissed off face. "We have to go. They're waiting for us."

I huffed and threw my sticks down. I then stomped up the stairs, resulting in the guards awkwardly shuffling out my way. I heard Nyx sigh as she followed from a distance.

I was so heated that I almost yanked the doors open before the guards had time to react. They quickly bowed as I passed through the doors into the strategy room. The participants glanced up from the loud sounds my shoes were making. They glanced at Hailey who shrugged her shoulders in utter confusion. Their expressions turned to one of understanding the moment Nyx walked in.

"Now that everyone's here..." My mom took a moment to narrow her eyes at Nyx. I kinda felt bad that she was getting the brunt of my mother's anger. "Let's begin. Ajax, please?"

"The vote is to be held in a couple of hours. We know how the council will vote, so we must be one step ahead of them. They will want to put one of their members on the board, so we must have a recommendation ready." Hailey and my mother nodded in agreement. "How about Eris?" My mother was quiet as she considered Ajax's recommendation while Hailey tensed.