4

She led me down the busy streets of Astoria. We entered Yugi's office unannounced and were met with a heated makeout scene between him and Roman. They quickly pulled away and straightened out their wrinkled clothes.

"I thought I tasked you with looking after Eris." Nyx wondered.

"Very nice by the way." Roman sarcastically remarked. "I stuck her with Ellio." He smirked.

"Why must you and your brother continue to pop in unannounced when my door is closed?" Yugi was baffled. "Knock!"

"Need you to treat this, doc." Nyx ignored his question and showed her bluish- purple wrists. Yugi sighed before getting up and whizzing around the room to find the appropriate supplies. He rubbed some oils before performing a healing spell. The yellow wisps surrounded Nyx's wrist and returned them to their normal color. "Thank you, Yoyo! I'll let you and RoRo get back to making Royos." She grabbed my hand and led me out before they could protest.

Nyx kept stopping at stalls and buying me things as an apology. I told her I didn't want anything, but she refused to accept that. I sighed and convinced her to buy something at Lilly's place. She eagerly accepted and dragged me to the store.

Nyx picked up some perfumes and excitedly sprayed them around the store. I couldn't help but smile at her childish behavior. I then noticed the curtain of a little room was pulled back a smidge. I walked closer and saw Ajax and Lilly talking inside. She was snuggled into him while he placed kisses on her head.

"Hello lovebirds!" Lilly and I squealed from Nyx's outburst.

"Must you ruin such a precious moment between my beloved and I?" Ajax inquired.

"I must." Nyx opened the curtain so that she could step inside. She took the nearby couch and pulled me onto her lap. "So, how are you Lilly?" Lilly just giggled at Nyx. "What about you Jaxi bear?"

"He's more responsible with other people than himself." Yugi entered the store. "I told you that you needed to treat your pulled muscle or it could hamper you in the future." Ajax rolled his eyes as Yugi removed his shirt to begin the physical therapy.

"I've been wondering about this for a while." Everyone turned their attention to me. "Eris said that you could be a royal angel again if you were with her. Does that mean you guys were once royal?"

"That's something I never thought I'd hear again." Ajax moved a little so that Yugi could get a better angle.

"What was your past like? Where'd you grow up? What about your parents-"

"Dead." My eyes widened at Nyx's smirk. "Mom was the heir to the throne for Solaria. Dad was a demon. Actually, he was your auntie's most trusted advisor and fighter. He was tasked with assassinating mom. He swapped assassinating mom with impregnating her-"

"I don't think that's exactly what happened." Ajax grunted from the pressure Yugi was putting on his shoulder blade. "They were mates."

"Mom was exiled when she was showing. No one wants a hellspawn apparently." She stopped to smirk at Ajax's annoyed face. "They ran away and were taken in by some fairies. Dad one day got caught by Lilitu's guards when he was scavenging for berries. Lilitu was pissed and beheaded him. Mom was so distraught from losing her mate that she died from grief. Fetus Ajax and Nyx were ripped out of her corpse."

"Oh my God." Ajax groaned. "That's why there wasn't an even distribution of light and dark energy between us. When our mother died, the energy went awry and unevenly split between us."

"Blood witches had tracked our now dead mummy to the village. They were curious about a hybrid hellspawn and burnt the village to the ground. They raped and pillaged the village." I gasped, prompting Ajax to speak.