t w e n t y - t h r e e ✧

BE THE ONE
'I'm not a fool, Not a fool
No, you are not fooling anyone'

stiles

"You still wondering why I haven't said anything to Scott?" Theo spoke up "Or Aurora?" He added as we were sitting in my car "Maybe" I said.

"You think I've got some kind of ulterior motive" He said "More than likely" I replied.

"Would you believe me if I said all I want... All I've ever wanted is for you guys to trust me?" He asked "Nope"

"So you're here because you're never going to trust me?" He asked "Yep...Glad we had this talk" I say.

"You know who you remind me of?" Theo spoke "Theo, I don't care" I mumbled "My sister. She was smarter than everyone too. And a pain in the ass like you. But she always looked out for me. The same way you look out for Scott" He said.

"You know, I was the one that found her body. She'd fallen into a creek, broken her leg. They told us she would've been okay if it wasn't one of the coldest nights of the year. If it wasn't for the hypothermia. And when I found her, all I could think was that I should've known. That I should've been looking out for her" he explained.

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked "I'm telling you because even if you don't trust me and even if you don't like me, I'm still going to be looking out for you.." Theo said.

"the way I should have been looking out for her" he added.

"I'm gonna lose Scott, I'm gonna lose my best friend" I mumbled.

"If Scott really gave up on you for some piece of crap like Donovan, then he wouldn't be a True Alpha, would he?" Theo spoke "Or maybe that's the definition of one, someone who doesn't put up with murder"

"It sounds like you guys need to look up justifiable homicide"

"Did you seriously just say that to the son of a cop? I narrowed my eyebrows. "A werewolf's eyes are supposed to change color when you take an innocent life. Do these look blue to you?" His eyes still glowed yellow.

"It was self-defense. For me and for you. Or maybe you just don't feel all that bad about it" he says.

"You can't say one life is objectively less innocent than another one. What if they turn blue 'cause you feel guilty?" "So it's up to interpretation?"

"Yeah, maybe" I say "Okay. Then here's my interpretation of what happened with you and Donovan. Not guilty. Did you feel bad about it?" Theo asked and I glared at him.

"Not now. I mean right then. Right when it happened. What were you thinking the moment you knew he was dead and there was no saving him?" Theo spoke.

"One word..."

"Good" I say.