t h i r t y - f i v e ✧

ALL THE KIDS ARE DEPRESSED
'Some days I don't feel like trying
So what the fuck are you on'

aurora

"Deep down I knew that all I needed was anchor, but my mind was racing and all I could think about was killing him" I say "The worst thing is that" I paused.

"I wanted to"

"Stiles, I almost killed someone, even if it's Theo, When I snapped out of it I realised that I didn't want to kill him, but at the moment I didn't care...at all" I say.

"But did you find the anchor?" Stiles asked "mhm" I hummed in response. He stayed silent waiting for me to say something "it was you" I tell him.

He looks at me and nods. He doesn't smile, he looks far from happy "Stiles?" I call "No, uh-uh, no. I can't. I can't do this" He stands up from the bed, frustrated.

"What? You can't do what?" I ask as I sit up on the bed, my heart's beating insanely, was I waiting for him to say what I think he'll say? He's scared of me. My conscious said. He starts pacing back and forth in my room. Stiles pauses and turns to me "I can't pretend like I'm okay with it. I can't pretend that I'm okay with you not believing or trusting me" He states.

"What are you talking about, Stiles?" I question "You! Theo! Trusting him instead of me!" He snaps "When you trusted him, god, I prayed that you were right, because I knew I couldn't take the fact that you didn't trust me!" He yells.

"Stiles, I'm sorry, but—" I try to start, but he interrupts "No! No! I was upset that Scott didn't believe me, but I thought that you of all people would believe me, Aurora!" He exclaims.

"I can't— I just can't believe you would trust him over me" Stiles shakes his head "Stiles, how was I supposed to know? Theo is the same kid that used to be my best friend" I tell him "I am so sorry, Stiles, I thought, that maybe you're exhausted of all this and you've lost your trust in people and I thought you're over exaggerating a bit" I say.

"Exaggerating" he repeats, his voice bitter "Exaggerating?! Really?? Cause that guy drugged you! God knows what he could've done to you!" Stiles yells "You should've listened to me when I tried to tell you, that you can't trust him" he says.

"But you chose to do it, despite my effort to protect you" He adds "I'm sorry" I blurt out "Really? Are you?" Stiles raises his eyebrows "Yes, Stiles! Really, I am sorry! And you know that!" I snap "You know that I would never hurt you on purpose and I was stupid enough to trust him—" My voice breaks and tears start falling down my cheeks "And I made a mistake— and—" I start stuttering as I sniffle "And if you can't live with that then, honestly..." I trail off as I start to cry.

"Aurora?" Stiles calls, I try to take a deep breath, but it's like my throat is closed up, I can't take a breath "Aurora! Jesus, breath" He says as he comes closer, but my vision blurs. I sit back on the bed and I can see him sit next to me.

Stiles takes my hands into his "Ar, look at me, okay, sweetie?" He says, I look up at him, still crying, still not breathing normally "I need you to calm down, okay? Just breath okay? Inhale and when I count to three let it out okay?" He says "Mhm" I try to nod.

After a while my breathing normalises "It's okay. I'm here, baby" Stiles says as he hugs me tight to his chest and kisses the top of my head "

My bedroom door bursted open. "Oh- uh sorry" Liam said "Everyone's here, come downstairs"

We walked downstairs as everyone gathered around the table.

"There's four steps. We get into Eichen, we get into the Closed Unit, we get Lydia, get out. And we have to do it all of this while getting past orderlies, guards, electric door locks, and a Mountain Ash barrier" Stiles said.

"You have a plan for all of that?" I ask "I stole this last night off an orderly. But it's useless 'cause they reset the codes each night" Stiles spoke as he showed as a card.

"So why did you take it?" Liam asked "I'm getting to that" Stiles said "The only way to get Lydia out of Eichen is to make that key card work again" Scott spoke up.

"How are you going to do that?" Malia asked "We're getting to that, okay, just listen" Stiles said.

"I pulled all the history off the key card. Two weeks ago, there was a brownout and the security system rebooted. During a reboot, all of the key cards revert back to a default code" Stiles spoke.

"So, if we trigger a reboot... The card goes back to the default code. It works again" I say

"How are we going to cause a brownout?" Kira asked "That's your part. You're going to draw power from the main line. But only enough to cause the brownout. Not a blackout. Do that and you send Eichen into lockdown which would be bad" Stiles said.

"Very, very bad" he added.

"There's an electrical room behind the reception counter. The main power line goes into two breakers that run power to all of Eichen" Stiles explained "Okay, slight problem. I don't know how to do that" Kira pointed out.

"That's okay. You have time to practice" Stiles spoke "Let's say all this goes perfectly. How does a brownout get us into the Closed Unit of Eichen?" Liam asked.

"The system takes five minutes to reboot. In that five minutes all the alarms will be turned off the key card should work. Liam, you and I get Stiles to the gate of the Closed Unit" Scott explained.

"But after that, he has to go on his own. We can't get past the Mountain Ash barrier. And when we're gone, all anyone's going to think is that there was a reboot of the security system caused by a brownout" They explained.

"Uh- you're missing something" I say "what?" Stiles asked "me" I spoke.

"No, I didn't get to that part yet. You'll drive the jeep, you'll wait for us to rescue Lydia and you drive us out" He said. Is he serious?

"Drive the jeep?!" I say "my best friend is locked in a nut house and I drive the jeep! And the worst part is that I have to wait without knowing anything what's going on inside?!" I say.

"no, you know when in the movies there are heist and the car driver is the most important, cause he saves everybody's ass from getting caught" Stiles said.

"okay, another thing. I'm a horrible driver" I say "no you're not" He said and I glared at him "uh maybe not as good as me or Scott or people that can drive cars, but I think it's even better" He said.

"By the way you drive like a badass" Stiles said and I rolled my eyes."fine" I say.

"Uh, any questions?" Stiles said.

"How do we get into Eichen House in the first place?" Liam asked.

"What's our worst-case scenario?" I asked.

"What if I can't do it?" Kira questioned.

"Do you not trust me anymore? Is that why I'm driving the goddamn jeep?" I ask. Silence sets in. Stiles sighs "No" He states. He looks at others.

"Okay, admittedly, a lot could go wrong" Stiles stated "Everything could go wrong" Malia said.

"Guys, if we don't do this, we lose Lydia. She's going to die in there tonight" Scott said "And she might take a lot of innocent people with her" he added.

𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐑 | 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐊𝐈 जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें