Chapter 29

"Expelliarmus!" "Crucio!" Two curses were shot at the exact moment, meeting mid-air, causing a blinding light.

I raised my arm before my eyes blocking the light, a hand tightly holding Sirius' arm.

Nothing happened, the bright light slowly began to fade and then a loud scream and thud. Bellatrix now laid on her back on the dais, her eyes closed, wand thrown aside.

I stumbled, shaking my head and blinking my eyes. The black spots had once again started though this time shortness of breath accompanied. I coughed and released my grip on Sirius, still shaking my head. 

My vision blurred and cleared and through this chaos, I could see Cedric in an intense duel with a masked death eater. Blurred. Tonks laid motionless at the end of the room. Blurred. Dumbledore appeared. Blurred. Remus gasped.

I shook my head, hands swinging wildly. I blinked more rapidly, hitting the side of my head as the vision gradually became clear and just at the moment.

A bright red light was directly aimed towards Sirius who was distracted by my stumbling, concern was written all across his face.

"SIRIUS!" I yelled along with another anonymous deep voice. In a state of panic, I had grabbed his hand pulling him away from the line of the curse.

"Remus!" I hollered, looking around for him. Remus, who had been watching the scene too stunned to react, jerked as though he's just been woken up from a particularly nasty dream and quickly ran towards the two of us, on his way stunning the death eater Cedric was duelling from behind.

"Sirius," Remus ran towards him and looked as though restricted himself from doing something that he was desperate to do and just stared at Sirius.

I coughed, "Um, take him back to Grimmauld place,"

"What!?" Sirius asked, alarmed, "No, no, if anyone it's supposed to be you who's going back!"

I didn't regard his words although I knew he knew I heard him. I looked at Remus only, and stressed the next words I spoke, "Get him out of here,"

Remus looked as though he finally pieced things together, as though he finally understood something. He inhaled sharply, "Is he?" he whispered.

I frowned and sighed, nodding sadly. Remus's shoulder slumped, the weight of the shock claiming its place.

"What?" Sirius asked, looking puzzled between the two of us. I swiped my wand to my left blocking a curse just in time for it to hit me and nodded towards Sirius asking Remus to take him away.

"What's happening?" I could hear Sirius mutter before Remus grabbed his arm and apparated.

I let out a shuddering breath. My mouth agape as I breathed through it. A smile etched its way onto my face. I chuckled. I did it. I saved him. I saved Sirius Black. He is not dead.

I grinned as I blocked the curses hurled my way, shooting my own curses like a whirlwind.

"You did it?" Cedric whispered in disbelief. I took his hand, pulling him beside me and held my wand up.

"Yeah," I breathed, "I did it,"

"Crucio!" Hissed a voice from behind us. Before I could react, turn, move anything, Cedric had whipped around and shouted, "Expelliarmus!"

His voice was strained, eyes ablaze with a fire that so much resembled the hatred that formed on her within just this evening.

I have never seen Cedric duel, never seen him look so fierce, so in rage as he tightly clutched his wand in his fingers, jets of red light shooting within a fraction of the second gap.