Chapter 14

"Good Morning," (BF/N) said cheerfully, waking me and Cedric - who stayed with his hand interlocked into mine the whole night - up. I hummed, shaking my head.

"Wake up, you," She said, pulling the curtains that were right in front of my bed. The beam of sunlight glaring straight at us. "Diggory," she hissed, shaking his shoulder as he slept soundly in an odd position with his head resting on the arm that held my hand, his other hand dangling freely as he slouched forward in that extremely uncomfortable chair. She shook his shoulder once again but Cedric shrugged her off punctuating it with a groan. I for a fact knew he hadn't slept the whole night rather sat up watching me sleep and running his fingers through my hair.

I giggled. (BF/N)'s jaw dropped as she turned to me, "I thought you were the laziest person in the world but I am clearly wrong," she said, rolling her eyes.

I chuckled, "He didn't sleep yesterday night."

She sighed, "Did he apologize?"

"Kept doing it until I had to shut him up,"

She glanced at Cedric then back at me, "He was shaken when he carried you here. Goodness, that was a horrible sight to see. I mean he kept muttering 'I am sorry' and what not honestly,"

I hummed, taking a look at Cedric's sleeping form. I sighed, "That girl, (N/N)! I ignored too much to know the consequence!"

(BF/N) grimaced, "OK, whatever. Is "That girl" Jane Ostrich?" she asked with a smile.

"Yep,"

"Which bone of hers do I need to break?"

"None, (N/N), none," I said, chuckling. I suddenly groaned, "(N/N), my right hand is gone,"

"Uh-huh," she muttered, then glared at me, "No, I am not feeding you, or writing your homework, or cleaning your-"

"No, (BF/N)! You don't have to do anything, I am just saying," I said, my hand unconsciously weaving through Cedric's curls that stirred him up. He placed a hand above mine, holding it in place, woven through his dark strands.

The two of us froze, not uttering a word. 'Should we wake him up?' I mouthed to (BF/N).

'Your boyfriend, your wish,' she mouthed back, shrugging.

I glared at her, 'Eff you.' She smirked and shrugged once again.

I gulped and softly muttered, "Ced?" His head shot up at the speed of lightning, as he wildly looked around until his eyes fell upon my smiling face. He calmed down, leaning back against the chair and dragging his hand over his face.

"Good morning," He muttered hoarsely.

"Ah, finally someone is awake," (BF/N) joked, smirking at him.

"Love," Cedric called after I completed my breakfast when Madam Pomfrey had allowed me out of the hospital wing.

"Yes?" I asked, a small smile on my face.

"I got you flowers," he said, pulling a bouquet from behind his back. My face fell as I took it in my hands. Now, it was a normal occasion for him to get me flowers till the summer but after we returned to Hogwarts, I held no single flower in my possession. Cedric's eyes widened as he saw the subtle smile on my face slip, he nervously glanced at me and the flowers as I tentatively poked my hand out.

He looked near to tears when I looked at him, my eyes, perhaps, holding the mildest bit of amusement and disappointment - ever so slightly that it would never be able to be identified.

I sighed, taking hold of his hands. He let me drag him all the way to the seventh floor. I paced the corridor three times until a large door appeared. Cedric's head hung low as we stepped into the room that had a much different setting than usual. It wasn't a room but an empty shore with the sounds of waves crashing and birds cooing, it was pleasant and how it appeared here was beyond my level of understanding.