Chapter 6

"Good morning," Cedric muttered, finally waking up from his deep slumber as I walked to the mirror to adjust my dress and get my slight makeup on.

"Ah, finally someone is awake," I said, doing a quick dry charm to dry my hair.

"Well," he smirked, resting on his elbows to look at me from the bed he was still lying on, "I am tired from yesterday's events,"

I glared at him, light pink dusting my cheeks, "Can you just shut up and get ready?"

"Nah, I am going back to sleep," he said, pulling the sheets above his head once again.

"Ah, really? Fine then, I will go on my own,"

"No, you won't!" he spoke, his voice muffled by the blanket above his head.

"Oh, I definitely will,"

He groaned, throwing the sheets off him and dragging his feet towards me. Cedric sighed, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his chin on my shoulder, our eyes meeting through the reflection on the mirror.

He smiled, kissing my shoulder, "I love you so much," he whispered into my ears as if it's only for me to hear, he stayed silent for a minute, the only sound heard being our steady breathing, his eyes locked onto mine through the mirror, pride and love filled his eyes as he slipped in the realm of memories; tears slightly welled up in those grey orbs as his smile widened ever so slightly, "Your my love, my life, my world, my universe, my...everything,"

Tears slipped down from both of our eyes. I leaned my head back to rest against his shoulder, my eyes closed, my hands moving forward to tightly clutch his forearms before Cedric turned me around in his arms, his one hand cupping my cheek, the other holding my waist and pulling me closer to him. He leaned in pressing a kiss to my forehead and caressed my cheek, wiping the tears.

"I love you too," I muttered, hoarsely, "This is all new an-and just so different, you know?"

He nodded, the smile always present on his face; it just triggered something in me, bringing back the memories that happened on the dusk of 24th July, his lifeless body laying on the ground, eyes fixed to the sky holding no emotion. A subtle melancholy made its way into the atmosphere surrounding us two.

"I know, these were indeed not supposed to happen but it did and it did for a reason we never know. You are gonna change things, my love, it could save many lives...just like it did mine," he said.

I stared at him, my bottom lip quivered before I smashed my lips onto his in a searing kiss, the force making him stumble backward, arms still tightly bound around my waist. He tilted his head, deepening the kiss as my hands weaved themselves into his hair.

I pulled away, smiling, his kisses always seemed to calm in some way or another, "alright, no more emotions," I took a deep breath, wiping my tears, "go get ready, you stink."

He rolled his eyes but chuckled, "Do you really wanna go?"

"Yes,"

"Why though?"

I scrunched my eyebrows, "Guess,"

"No, come on! It's just so cold and," he moved his hands, searching for the right word as he moved back to sit at the edge of the bed, "awkward after, you know, you did that,"

"Oh please, Ced! It was like two days ago,"

"And you know how yesterday was, like the moment you both are in the same room the temperature drops, it literally does"

I shrugged, looking away, "I dunno, I am not going for her u know..."

He sighed, pulling me between his legs and wrapping his arms around my waist, placing his chin on my stomach, "I know, love, but you gotta think about it too,"