Chapter 20

There was a loud scream outside the great hall, a high pitched woman's scream. I glanced at (BF/N) and rushed outside.

I took a sharp breath as I saw the commotion outside, "It's Trelawney," I muttered to (BF/N), and she winced.

"NO! This cannot be happening...It cannot...I refuse to accept it!" Trelawney yelled. Looking terrified at Umbridge. Her arms wrapped around herself, tightly. I clenched my jaw.

"You didn't realize this was coming?" said Umbridge, "Incapable though you are of predicting even tomorrow's weather, you must surely have realized that your pitiful performance during my inspections, and lack of any improvement, would make it inevitable you would be sacked?"

"I am sorry to joke in this situation," I whispered in (BF/N)'s ears, "But you know what comes to my mind now?"

"Something extremely inappropriate," she whispered back.

"No. What comes to my mind is that - even if she is an idiot, she is my idiot,"

I could see a small smile tugging on the corner of her lips but it quickly disappeared and anger took over her features just as mine did.

"You c-can't!" Professor Trelawney said, tears were streaming down her cheeks like a waterfall, "you c-can't sack me! I've b-been here sixteen years! H-Hogwarts is m-my h-home!"

"It was your home," said Professor Umbridge. I clenched my fist and tried to calm my self and avoid seeing Professor Trelawney sink onto one of her trunks and sobbed, uncontrollably.

"Until an hour ago, when the Minister of Magic countersigned the order for your dismissal. Now kindly remove yourself from this hall. You are embarrassing us." Umbridge said, a look of disgust on her face soon morphing into absolute enjoyment.

"Embarrassing us?" I fumed and before anyone could stop or react I was out in the front of a shuddering and sobbing Professor Trelawney.

"Ms (L/N)?" Umbridge asked, amusedly, "Might I ask you what you're doing?"

"Might I ask you what you're doing?" I asked, my face expressionless but the look of offence on her face was riling me up to rebel.

"That is none of your concerns, Ms (L/N)," she said, an overly sweet smile on her face that made me feel sick.

"Well, it technically is my problem seeing you're dismissing a Professor who teaches me,"

"I assure you Ms (L/N) that you will find an even capable Professor,"

"The matter isn't about her proficiency to teach it is about how you dismiss a professor and ask her to leave the school grounds,"

"I don't find a reason as to why I must answer you, Ms (L/N),"

"I am certainly not asking you a question to get an answer, I am merely stating how cruel what your doing is,"

"Ms (L/N), this will be the last time I am saying you to move,"

I puffed my chest and stood protectively before Professor Trelawney, my eyes steadily clashing against Umbridge's glaring ones.

Professor McGonagall crossed from the place where she stood watching and marched right by me, shooting me a look that strangely resembled a look of pride.

A smirk formed on my face after acknowledging that I wasn't held back. I could see a shuffle from the corner of my eyes and after a split second - the shine of a yellow prefect badge.

"Besides," I continued, "you have no power in dismissing,"

"What do you mean, (L/N)?" Umbridge asked, her nose flaring in anger.

"I am quite sure that you very well know what I mean. But, by all means, I will explain. You only have the power to dismiss a Professor if they are "incapable" of teaching but you can not, I repeat, you can absolutely not banish them from the grounds of Hogwarts and that power still remains in the hands of the Headmaster,"

Umbridge gritted her teeth, face morphed into disgust, eyes filled with rage.

"And Ms (L/N) would be rather correct, Professor," Professor Dumbledore's voice boomed from behind. Umbridge spun around to face Dumbledore who walked down and right before her.

"As I, after all, have the authority to send a Professor away from the castle, I am afraid it's my wish that Professor Trelawney continues to live at Hogwarts." Professor Dumbledore said and proceeded to ask Professor McGonagall to escort Trewlaney back.

"And what," Umbridge said after a prolonged silence, "are you going to do with her once I appoint a new Divination teacher who needs her lodgings?"

"Oh, that won't be a problem," said Dumbledore, "You see, I have already found us a new Divination teacher, and he will prefer lodgings on the ground floor."

"You've found? Might I remind you, Dumbledore, that under Educational Decree Twenty two -"

"- the Ministry has the right to appoint a suitable candidate if - and only if - the headmaster is unable to find one, and I am happy to say that on this occasion I have succeeded. May I introduce you?"

Umbridge looked horrified as she looked around finally her glance fell on me. I mirrored her usual sickly sweet smile and shrugged. Once Professor Dumbledore introduced Firenze -Our new Divination Professor and a Centaur, Umbridge turned to look at me, glaring.

"You know far too well for just a Fifth year, (L/N)," she whispered.

I once again shrugged nonchalantly, "I dunno, does that mean I am your problem-?"

"Not just for me but the whole wizarding world!"

I grimaced and nodded sympathetically, "Well, that was a rhetorical question. But I cannot do anything about your problem. So," I shuffled closer and whispered, "Deal with it,"

And suddenly there was a roar of clapping and hollering from the students still watching the scene and the professors all back into the castle with no one to supervise.

An anonymous yet prominent voice, yelled, "The Goddess of Sass!"

"Me?" I asked, incredulous and waved my hand in the air dismissively, "Pfft Nah! We all know who the god of sass is,"

"Love," Cedric came running to the Astronomy tower, a wide grin on his face. He wrapped his arms around me, the momentum making the two of us stumble slightly.

"That was wow what you did there, speaking against Umbridge," Cedric said, the grin never leaving his face, "I am so proud of you,"

"OK, stop," I said, blushing and burying my head into his shoulder, "I got super mad. I mean, I could've punched her in the face,"

"Really, (N/N)?" Cedric asked, pulling away but still having his arms wrapped tightly around my waist, "Really? Punched her in the face?"

"I mean how dare she! She can't just out someone who considered Hogwarts their home even though they are the worst Professor you could see,"

"I mean she is not the worse like compared to Umbridge,"

"Well, shut up," I mumbled and kissed him. Cedric chuckled into the kiss and deepened it.