Chapter 26

A/N Sorry, guys, once again this is a small chapter and the next few are whirlwinds.

"Look, I'm sorry, but neither of you is making sense, and we've got no proof for any of this, no proof Voldemort and Sirius are even there -" We heard Hermione cry as Harry recited what happened though none of the three knew that (BF/N) and I've heard.

"Potter, for once just listen to the girl!" I yelled.

Harry jumped and looked at me terrified, "What the-?!"

"That doesn't matter, Harry," I said, trying to regain my composure, "Just listen to her. It's not rational to do just burst into the ministry!"

"Well, you don't have a godfather who's being tortured by the one searching to kill you!" He argued.

"Potter! Are you-" I started to yell in anger before (BF/N) stopped me.

"You wanna go into the ministry?" (BF/N) asked, her tone suddenly cold. She looked at Harry, her eyes bearing a deep look of contemplation, "Do it, then. But listen to the girl first,"

"(N/N)!" I complained, staring at her in bewilderment, "That-you-no!"

She grabbed my hand, dragging me out of the place and into a dark corridor, the only one that wasn't flooded with people, "What are you doing!? Are you out of your mind!? If Harry goes there- Ouch!" I yelled as she slapped my arm.

"Just shut up!" She yelled and took a deep breath, "Listen to me, alright. Now, Harry and the others should go to the ministry-"

"But, Sirius!" I complained. She glared at me, "keep your mouth shut and listen to me, will you!?"

I visibly was taken aback and evidently shut my mouth, allowing her to proceed, "Now, only if he goes to the ministry will it be proved that Voldemort is, indeed, back. Dumbledore will have an opportunity to come back - language! - and understand about the prophecy, as well as destroy the time turners,"

"(N/N), these are not worth losing a life!"

"I did not say that he is going to die, though!" she said, taking my hands in hers, "We will find a way to save him," she said, unsurely.

I sighed, "I swear if anything wrong happens, I'm losing my shit," I rubbed my face, "What should we do now?"

She looked around, pulling a deep thinking face, "We need to find your loverboy,"

"Loverboy? Dude..." I narrowed my eyes at her as she guided me out of the corridor. I pulled my robes tighter, "What about them?"

"Harry?" she asked.

"Yeah,"

"He has the queen with him,"

"Queen? What queen?"

"A certain red-headed, fierce, queen,"

"Oh, oh, OH!"

"Hey! How were your exams!?" Cedric asked, grinning widely as the two of us approached him. Recognising our distinct facial expression; perhaps, concern, terrified, lord knows, "What's wrong?"

"We need to get to the ministry," (BF/N) stated simply.

"WHAT!?" Cedric yelled. I hurried to shush him, "Why would you want to break into the ministry!?"

As I glared at Cedric, (BF/N) glared at me and asked, "He didn't mug it up? For goodness' sake, he only had 3 to do!"

"People don't mug up fictional books, ladies," he said, rolling his eyes.

I glared at him, beating to (BF/N), "When you live in that very fictional book, you must mug up, Gentleman,"

"Alright, sorry," Cedric gave in, knowing very well he could not argue with the two of us, "Why do you need to break into the ministry?"

"I do not have the strength to explain," (BF/N) sighed.

"I-I will," I volunteered. Cedric scrunched his eyebrows and looked at me concerningly. I blinked.

"Oh, yes, good," She pried her hand away from our interlocked fingers and smirked at me, "You continue I will check something,"

"Huh? (N/N)!" but she was long gone.

"What is it?" Cedric asked.

"Did you hit your head somewhere?" I asked, tilting his head side to side as though checking for some injury.

He glared at me, "it's not funny,"

I smiled softly, leaning my forehead against his, "It's when Harry and all break into the ministry for Sirius,"

Cedric's mouth formed an 'o' shape in realisation, "so we need to go too?"

"I dunno," I pulled away and snuggled closer into his arms, burying my head in his shoulder, clutching his Hufflepuff robes tightly within my fingers.

Cedric wrapped an arm around my waist, the other hand came to rest against the back of my head. Both of them tightening when he felt the shoulder of his robes get wet with tears and gently started to rock us, not uttering a word as he did so. He knew it, Cedric knew me, more than even myself.

"I've got you, my love," he whispered, not bothering anything. He whispered as though it was a promise, a promise to forever.