Chapter 10

After the quidditch practice, I happily resigned to my dorm trying to find a few minutes of relaxation before I start my homework assigned for so long.

(BF/N) gasped, "Is this my best friend doing her...homework!?"

"Oh shut it, (N/N)," I grumbled, "It's way past due. And you know it's quite amazing what the last year could do to me. I can submit my homework a little late, nobody says anything except for McGonagall that is,"

"That's what we call misuse of freedom," she said, rolling her eyes and sitting down next to me, leaned over to glance at my work and once again rolled her eyes seeing how many mistakes I had made in only half of the full essay.

"Oh goodness!" I exclaimed, clutching my heart as I went to the common room only to find Sirius' head popped up in the fire, "Can someone tell me the next time he comes?"

"And didn't you hear our footsteps?" (BF/N) asked, as we took a seat in front of the fire.

Hermione smirked, "Yeah we did. But one of us had memorized your footsteps so accurately that they could tell it was you,"

I snickered, "I exactly know who it is,"

Harry and Hermione chuckled as Ron turned an even brighter shade of red much like his hair if not more along with (BF/N) who looked so flustered that she hurriedly steered the conversation back to Sirius.

We had remained silent allowing Sirius and the rest three to talk and add on points only when necessary.

"You're less like your father than I thought," Sirius said, "The risk would've been what made it fun for James."

"No," I said, abruptly, "James wouldn't have thought it fun for you roaming around the country which could possibly land you back in Azkaban,"

Sirius scoffed, "You think you know James better than me,"

"No, I don't. As a matter of fact, I know there couldn't have been a person knowing James more than you do,"

Sirius' gaze was fixed on me, no emotions shown and there was a thick awkward atmosphere surrounding us that could be cut using a knife, "You don't know what I do, kid,"

Now it was my turn to scoff, "I know things much better and much more than you do, Sirius,"

"I am sorry to tell this but you do have the attitude of a Black,"

"I am honoured,"

"Trust me you wouldn't be," he said before adding, "Well, I'd better get going, I can hear Kreacher coming down the stairs."

"No, E," George corrected Hermione as they discussed the marks for O.W.Ls, "E for 'Exceeds Expectations.' And I've always thought Fred and I should've got an E in everything because we exceeded expectations just by turning up for the exams."

I laughed which earned me a very hard glare from Hermione, "Don't encourage them," she said, warningly.

"Oh, come on, Hermione, let them be,"

"Ah, little one, how are you?" Fred asked.

"Uh," I stopped, sceptical of the sudden decision of the question, "I don't know,"

Geroge gasped, "Is pretty boy not keeping you happy!?"

"I knew it!" I yelled, "I knew you two had some ulterior motive behind it,"

"Well, we thought it was rather blunt," said Fred.

"That's doesn't apply to me,"

"Right, because you're the most oblivious fool we have ever seen," George said.