Chapter 9

A/N  I found the Potter Musical and man! I am obsessed. So, here is a little sprinkling of it. Might wanna see the video if you are new to it. 

If you had expected some spices at Snape's potion sorry to disappoint you but as usual it was Snape's cold drawl and picking up on Harry. Now, back to where it really spices up, Umbridge.

Walking to my defence against dark arts class felt as if the greatest decision I was to take. I could most definitely not sit in her class and not expect to be enraged so I had a dilemma of turning back and just running away but at the same time, I can't do that.

I had settled at the back of the class beside (BF/N) who looked as irritated as I was, "You think I could last this class?" I asked her.

She scoffed, "I would be a fool to think so. You have the patience size of Anger," I looked at her, confused before I realized she had been talking about inside out.

Umbridge had asked us to read a textbook about magic. That is the worst punishment a person could give to someone like me. "This just increases the amount of hatred I have for her," I whispered to (BF/N) who nodded in agreement with a cold stare set on Umbridge.

Hermione raised her hand for an utterly ignoring Umbridge to notice, and once almost everyone had stopped their lazy reading like I had done the moment it was assigned, Umbridge looked at her with a sickly sweet smile, "Did you want to ask something about the chapter, dear?" she asked Hermione.

"Not about the chapter, no," said Hermione.

"Well, we're reading just now, if you have other queries we can deal with them at the end of class."

"I've got a query about your course aims,"

"And your name is — ?"

"Hermione Granger,"

"Well, Miss Granger, I think the course aims are perfectly clear if you read them through carefully,"

"Well, I don't, There's nothing written up there about using defensive spells."

"Good point," I muttered to myself as usual.

Almost everyone in the class had dived into the discussion of the "proper use" of magic, and I had stayed quiet until Umbridge said, "I do not wish to criticize the way things have been run in this school, but you have been exposed to some very irresponsible wizards in this class, very irresponsible indeed — not to mention, extremely dangerous half-breeds."

I raised my hand, and since I had stayed quiet for long enough she presumed I had supported the ministry way of teaching and told me to proceed, "Like you,"

She furrowed her eyebrows, "Pardon me?"

"Like yourself, an extremely dangerous half breed. You are extremely dangerous and a weird breed of a toad and a human," I said, smirking.

Her nose flared, as everyone burst out laughing, "Ten points from Gryffindor,"

"If you mean Professor Lupin," piped up Dean Thomas angrily, "he was the best we ever —"

She went on with the theoretical use of magic.

"And what good's a theory going to be in the real world?" said Harry.

"This is school, Mr Potter, not the real world," Umbridge said softly.

"School is the place where we are supposed to learn to face the real world, Professor!" I retorted. Rage passed through Umbridge's eyes, "Your hand is not up!" she hissed as I rolled my eyes.

"So we're not supposed to be prepared for what's waiting out there?" Harry continued.

"There is nothing waiting out there, Mr Potter."