Chapter 16

A/N My schedule's been going extremely full and I have no time in writing anything as of now. So, I will be uploading chapters every Sunday. I am really sorry.

"What was that?" (BF/N) asked after I came back to the kitchen doing quick research in Walburga's library of Greek Mythology.

"Hades," I said, "A power of his, it seems, I mean it's quite obvious; he is the God of Underworld,"

"Oh," (BF/N) blinked as though it would help her understand the situation, "What else can you do then?"

I took a deep breath, "I dunno yet, I have to check more of it,"

"And what did you do to him?" (BF/N) asked, glancing at Sirius, "He looks so pale like he is already dead,"

"What?" I dragged the syllables, "I didn't do anything I just asked if he talked,"

"To?"

"Someone,"

"Who?!"

"Walburga,"

(BF/N) glared at me, "And?"

I gulped and tentatively said, "Regulus,"

(BF/N) dropped her jaw to the ground and looked at me incredulously, "Why would you do that?"

"He said I reminded him of his mother,"

"And you asked if he talked to his late brother who he ignored?"

"I am sorry, ok?"

"Oh, goodness! At times you do make me think if, after all, Remus was right,"

"In that theory shi- thing of his?"

"Obviously,"

I rolled my eyes but said nothing.

Staring at the faces of people almost grieving for the injuries of their father wasn't a great thing to do after you find out the wonders you can do. My knees were pulled up to my chest, my head leaned back against the chair and my eyes closed, thinking about what (BF/N) had asked.

What else can I do?

The vague memory of Hades saying something about "disturbing his job" surfaced in my mind along with a couple of things I suppressed.

'Disturbing his job' the sentence repeated in my mind. What is his job? What is his job? What is-?

I suddenly opened my eyes, "(BF/N)!?" I called, unaware of how silent the room has been, startling everyone. Fred, whose head lolled to his shoulder straightened with a jerk, Ginny who curled into the chair looked up with her eyes wide, George had jerked his hand spilling his butterbeer and Harry and Ron remained unaffected though Sirius was staring at me with eyebrows raised, questioningly and eyes filled with concern.

I blushed furiously and sunk further back into my chair, "Sorry," I muttered. (BF/N) next to me smirked after everyone returned to their sleepy state and I had to shake my head loads of time to get Sirius to believe nothing was wrong...with me.

"Do you like being embarrassed?" she asked.

"What the hell!?"

"What? I mean, it always me who is embarrassed, so for once it is you and I am happy,"

"I am just gonna pretend you didn't say that. Anyways, what does Hades do?"

(BF/N) shrugged, "how will I know? You are the one who is supposed to know seeing you are the descendant of Hades,"

"I mean, well, you see, I have been quite preoccupied with dealing nonsense at hand,"

"You just researched that in the library,"

"Ugh! You know how I am! I am an idiot and I miss a lot of things."

"Then go and take a look again,"

"I am embarrassed,"

(BF/N) blinked, "huh?"

I pouted, "I went once and caused a huge ruckus. Do you really want me to go again?"

"Do you know how many times I wished I had the ability to just ground you!?"

"I know, your face says it all,"

"Then why the hell do you do it still?"

"Uh, because you're the best...?"

"What do you want me to do now, then?"

"I don't know,"

(BF/N) took a deep breath, "Sirius, where is the library again,"

Sirius grimaced in confusion, "What is up with the two of you and m-the library?"

"Nothing," (BF/N) glared at me, "Nothing at all,"

"Ok...? Uh, it's on the top floor, third room,"

"Thanks," she said, with a hint of sarcasm as she stood up with such reluctance. I smiled after she left.

As I awkwardly glanced around the room, Sirius caught my eyes, "when this is all over you're telling me your full story, alright?" he said to me which I answered with a shrug making him roll his eyes.

"You're almost too much like me for anyone's liking," he whispered. I smirked but said nothing.

(BF/N) returned only after Mrs Weasley had come and started preparing breakfast.

"So, what Hades does is that," (BF/N) said as she sat down next to me, still glaring, "He keeps the souls from returning to the land of living,"

My eyes blew wide as I connected the dots - I brought Cedric back from the dead, Hades said, "I disturb his job", his job is to keep souls from escaping the underworld...

I collapsed into the chair, as my breathing quickened in realisation, I gulped and ran a hand across my face.

"What happened?" (BF/N) asked.

"(N/N), oh my gods!"

"What is it!?"

I gulped, "No, wait, I dunno if this is correct. I will tell you later, ok?"

"Huh? Ok...? But is everything alright!?"

"Yeah, yeah. I am just gonna take nap, yeah,"

Please, Hades, I just wanna see you. Please, I wanna clear, Please. I begged as I closed my eyes and thankfully I slipped into some sort of dream.

"What do you want?" An annoyed voice muttered as the owner of the voice sat on a high throne, lazily twisting a bunch of grapes.

"Yeah, I will get straight to the point - so, I did some...research and came to the hypothesi-"

"That you can escape the souls and bring them back to the living world?" Hades finished my sentence.

"If that means I could make people, uhm, like undead, I mean make dead people alive, then yes," I said, coughing awkwardly.

Hades sighed, "you seem to be more intelligent than I thought. Assumed it would at least take 10 years for you to know,"

"Is that sarcasm I detect?"

"Absolutely not. But, yes, you can," Hades coughed, "make people...undead,"

"I can!?"

"Yes, that is if they are really dead. Not like fictionally dead but physically,"

"Yeah, yeah, I get it,"

"Just make sure you don't start your escapades right now,"

"Aye, aye captain,"

"Stop using those phrases,"

"Sorry, sir!"

Hades stared at me before swiping his hand in the air and soon I woke up at the Grimmauld place.

Woah, I can bring people back from the dead! But why? how? You know what? Nevermind, I am fine with this.