Chapter 22

A/N  I am extremely sorry for the late update, my classes are driving me insane. And this is heavily based on dialogues. 

"He was heading back to Gryffindor Tower when the Malfoy boy cornered him," Umbridge said to the Minister.

"That ar-" I started to mumble but Harry nudged me, shaking his head subtly.

"Did he, did he?" said Fudge, "I must remember to tell Lucius. Well, Po- who might you be?"

"Me?" I asked, mockingly glancing behind me.

"Yes, you girl," He said, looking at me pointedly.

"(Y/N), (Y/N) (L/N)," I said, puffing my chest.

Fudge glared at me and scanned me up and down. He then turned to Harry.

"Well, now, Potter and (L/N) do you know why you both are here?" Fudge asked.

I shrugged my shoulders, and looked at Harry, who answered, "Yeh — no."

"I beg your pardon?" said Fudge.

"No," said Harry, firmly.

"You don't know why you are here?"

"No, I don't," said Harry.

"So you have no idea," said Fudge, sarcasm heavily coating his words, "why Professor Umbridge has brought you to this office? You are not aware that you have broken any school rules?"

"School rules?" said Harry. "No."

"Or Ministry decrees?"

"Not that I'm aware of,"

I smirked, my stare fixated at Harry who looked at Fudge nonchalantly.

"So it's news to you, is it," said Fudge, anger oozing through his words, "that an illegal student organization has been discovered within

this school?"

"Yes, it is," said Harry.

"I think, Minister," said Umbridge, and I had to resist the utmost urge to groan, "we might make better progress if I fetch our informant."

"Yes, yes, do," said Fudge, nodding, and glanced at Dumbledore as Umbridge left the room. "There's nothing like a good witness, is there, Dumbledore?"

Once Umbridge returned with Marietta Edgecombe, Cho's tag-along friend; Fudge acknowledged her background.

I winced slightly as she raised her head, the room fell silent after Fudge leapt back in horror seeing the girl's deformed face, studded with purple-coloured patches that read 'Sneak' in big letters. All thanks to Hermione's jinxing talent, you're a legend.

Umbridge proceeded to tell Fudge about how she found out the "illegal organisation" seeing Marietta was in no shape to explain without causing confusion.

"Haven't we got a counter jinx for this?" Fudge asked Umbridge, "So she can speak freely?"

"I have not yet managed to find one," Umbridge said, her tone near grumbling with frustration, "But it doesn't matter if she won't speak, I can take up the story from here..."

She proceeded to reveal about the spy she placed in Hogsmeade when her attention focused on me, "But the (L/N) girl was nowhere to be found on that day,"

I gulped when Fudge turned towards me and glared at me suspiciously.

"What an interesting insight into our justice system!" said Professor McGonagall, distracting the topic from me, "Not prosecuting him for setting up all those regurgitating toilets!"